Are you easily offended?

The title says it all! Discuss.

Hell no.

People are easily offended by me.

Haha, I pretty much never get offended, I just "offend" others.

I never take anything seriously, and if people are trying to offend me, I just think they are stupid and laugh.
I eventually respond with something nice and hurtful though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

~gremlin

Either I just don't care enough to notice or I'm oblivious when people try to offend me (if they do). I don't get offended easily; but if I am offended, I drop the hammer.

Yes, I have learned about bullying online...especially having been hit with a comment from a cyberbully. I was not speaking with this person in the online conversation but the bully said something very person in a rather open forum of mutual friends. I found like IronMickie, it was best to punch back hard, without equivocation and with the precision of a micro scalpel. This is not how I like to to be as I have been taught to be a lady who thinks of others feelings. Bullies do not care...so they deserve an even harder punch back. In my younger years, I would have tried to justify my behavior and placate but not now. I am tired of dealing with rude people.

Thats funny - I feel the exact same way. In fact, over the years, I've worked at improving my P so that I don't offend people as much as I used to... at this point, if I am offending someone, its probably intentional. :wink:

In fact, I almost never lose my cool, though I will definitely push back hard if I think I'm being pushed around... and in those situations, I like to win with overwhelming force (similar to what ENTJWoman and IronMickie said). But the flip side is that I am extraordinarily conscious of being nice to nice people - and thats almost been a weak point over the years because I give too much credit when little is due. I respect niceness tremendously, and over time its been an interesting lesson to realize that some people are nice because they're weak.

If times are bad, I am much more likely to brood than to be angry. Is it similar with you guys? Is it different for men and women?

here here! ditto...

Putting my stamp on this. Pretty much the same-same.

Just to let you know, I was raised with brothers but today I have many male and female friends who respect my being capable of taking care of myself. My philosophy is inclusive of all and I have always cared deeply for others(degree in psychology)...some were undeserved of my respect. Part of coming together as my older self, I have reviewed my life and removed those that do not enhance my being, soul or brain. I don't know why I did not get this before!!! This has freed me up for receiving more of the good.

Just to Stewie's question...no I am not easily offended...but once offended, it may take me a long time to get over it. I really like when people have opinions they have struggled to come to and can justify...but I don't have to agree with them. Secondly, it is good to probe the comment before becoming offended...that is just being assertive.

Thnx for all your replies!

Me 2.

The only time I become offended is when other people do not acknowledge my intellectual strengths.

I don’t remember ever being offended.
I’ve been mad, sometimes angry, but not offended.
I don’t know what it would take to offend me. It would be a big accomplishment for whoever did it. I’ve had people try, also.

i need not write.
i sit back and smile.
my thoughts, written by strangers.
this is a fun place.

“Hell no. People are easily offended by me.”

“Haha, I pretty much never get offended…I never take anything seriously…”

“I don’t get offended easily; but if I am offended, I drop the hammer.”

“…at this point, if I am offending someone, its probably intentional. I almost never lose my cool, though I will definitely push back hard if I think I’m being pushed around… and in those situations, I like to win with overwhelming force…I am extraordinarily conscious of being nice to nice people…If times are bad, I am much more likely to brood than to be angry.”

(^added more quotes)

Interesting question! I would have thought other ENTJ’s were easily offended, since being offended could cut their feelings of being respected and therefore in charge. But I don’t offend easily at all, and read that others don’t either. I think, now, that I’m not easily offended since the process of communicating being offended and dealing with the response could impede or even derail progress toward goals - it’s much easier to interpret things as nonoffensive or even “not hear” them, and keep moving on.

“I think, now, that I’m not easily offended since the process of communicating being offended and dealing with the response could impede or even derail progress toward goals - it’s much easier to interpret things as nonoffensive or even “not hear” them, and keep moving on.”

Maybe, though I tend to think it can be cut off sooner than even THAT much processing… I have to give my permission for someone to offend me. As a general rule to date, those who would try never got that much leeway to begin with.

Funny, guy! :slight_smile:
I am like that. But i notice that it’s better to deal with people in a softer way to get a win-win outcome. And have been devoloping my P side, to listen to others.

You’re probably developing your F side. Being a J doesn’t mean you don’t listen to people.

INFJs are probably the best listeners of all the types.

Are NT’s in general easily offended?

I myself find that any critique is analyzed before I let it get to me. A lot of the time it’s more about the other person than myself.

The only thing that truly offends me is when people pass off my ideas as if they’re worthless or refuse to hear what I have to say.

Agreed that NTs have a distinctive ‘calm’ presence. That being said, I would hypothesize that because ENTJs and INTJs are Fi, they are probably more likely to stay calm under stress, with the drawback that they are also more likely to brood than NTPs.