ENTJs: what automobiles do we drive?

i went from-
a 1988 vw golf, standard. purchased used.
a 2001 vw gti, standard. purchased new.
to currently-
a 2006 vw jetta tdi, automatic. purchased new.
a 2007 vw gli, standard. purchased used.

i think that they are safe, get good mpg and are fun to drive.
i also think the interiors are the best, and they don't cost too much.

so, what do you own?
what have you owned?
and why?

i was wondering if there is some kind of pattern among us ENTJs.
what do you think?

Interesting question. I drive a Lexus GS 300 (bought used a few years ago - 2003 model). My criteria: low maintenance, but fun to drive. I can 0-60 when I feel like it... though a couple tickets early on reduced the frequency of that particular move... Interiors are comfortable, and its practical, being a 4 door sedan.

Not quite German handling, but surprisingly fun - I guess I compromised for the Japanese reputation for dependability since I hate going to the shop, or figuring out whats wrong with a car.

Now before that, I had a 93 Camry and HATED it. But it stood by me through all kinds of crazy stuff, including a 3 car pile-up.

1985 Ford Tempo
1995 Ford Mustang GT convertible
2001 Acura RSX Type-S
2002 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew

1997 Nissan Pulsar SSS

I have a feeling I probably won't drive anything but Nissan for the next few years, the car has been extremely reliable and for a 4 cylinder engine, its got quite a bit of pick up.

I drive a gold 2002 Ford Focus that gets 36 mpg with 70,000 miles on it.

Within my family however.... (and I didn't buy any of these myself):

Bentley Continental Flying Spur (navy blue)
Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (navy blue)
Ferrari F360 Spyder (red)
Ferrari 599 with an Enzo engine (black, and extremely unnecessary... hah)
1990 Porsche 911 Carrera (red) <--- it's not in the mix anymore, but it's the one that I made my fondest memories of my younger days in; cruising the jersey shore with my dad, blasting music with the top down :slight_smile:
Porsche Cayman (black)
BMW 7 Series (light blue)
Cadillac Escalade (black)
Range Rover(s) (one pearl and one black)

I don't know the year of production on these bad boys, but all of them (save the porsche) are less than 5 or six years old. I am proud of them, and ENTJs in my family own them.

I am small so a small but practical car is for me...I like foreign cars...I once had a FIAT, then a Karmen Ghia - green and sexy, once, a white olds supreme...hmmm, mostly now I have had several black (like a patten leather shoe shiny) Honda Civics...but mostly I like my radar detector! Remember, it helps because it reminds you to slow down!!

First car: Ford Mustang (v6) - loved it, always wanted a GT, but couldn’t afford it since I was a teen and in school
Second car: Mazda 3 - bought it when gas prices went to 4/gallon. Wanted something cheap (price, MPG, insurance), durable, reliable, good on gas. No complaints - great commuter car!

I’m currently shopping for my 3rd car. I’m looking for a status car. Currently I’m looking at Audi S4, BMW 135i, and BMW 335i. I want something durable, nice interior, looks sporty, and somewhat fast. I’m tired of saving hundreds of dollars a month on car payments, insurance, and gas prices. Can’t go wrong with a luxury car with a turbo or supercharger, right?

LOL! I just googled that question, and hit this thread. Ordered a new obsidian black 2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class since I just got promoted. :character-bart:

• CDI 220 170 hp TDI engine (4.0l/100km on the highway and a top speed of 225 km/h !)
  • AMG kit
  • 18" AMG wheels
  • Luxury pack kit with black leather seats
  • Techno kit
  • Advanced agility suspension

Exactly like this one.

Always German cars for me.

2006 Chev extended cab 350 engine 17 MPG
Paid $12,000.00 for it with 36,000 miles in 2008
I drive a lot for work and it is very comfortable.
Has a platform mounted on the hump for a compter so I can watch the stock market as I drive (USB modem)

Errrr… a black one? Not really into cars, people, sorry.

I drive a honda

first car for seven years…1995 Honda Accord LX Sedan AT blue green aqua named HALX.
second car for one year…1998 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan MT Champagne named Operation Treadstone.
third car for two years…1998 Honda Prelude MT Flaminco Black named Operation BlackBriar(I had a Bourne Theme going on here…BlackBriar is Treadstone upgrade)
Fourth car for five days…2002 BMW 330CI Coupe and I didn’t name it, but it was a piece of shit.
Fifth and current car…1998 Honda Prelude MT Eucalyptus Green named Choon Hyang, but if that name is too difficult to pronounce, you can call it Green Tea Mochi. =]

Yeah, I went back to a Honda because…I decided to put all my money into my business and cars aren’t that important. It’s the size of your business and house that matters. Also, I love preludes. I work on them all the time. =]

So I was little, small, but it is a practical car for me . I like foreign cars I had a Fiat, then Carmen Borgia - green and on one occasion, a white child Up , now mostly black and I have a few (such as the Patten shoe shine) Honda Civic but mostly I like my radar detector! Remember, it can help, because it reminds you to slow down!

I want to purchase a mitsubishi lancer eventually. Mostly due to the fact it kicks ass driving in snow.

I drive a newer model Honda Accord. It’s not flashy, but it’s comfortable and has hauled a lot of building materials I didn’t think would fit at first. The prep work helped, I suppose.