Hi to the entjs

hey im an infp here just hoping to learn some things from the entjs.question 1) do you guys believe in consiousness over matter,like can your will and concentration affect external situations 2) are you guys spiritual?

Well, that depends. What you’re referencing is less archetypal and more personal. Some ENTJ’s believe specifically in mind over matter and some don’t. While I’m sure you already know, people are complex and varied, even people with similar personalities. ENTJ’s don’t interpret the world universally. I personally believe mind unwedded from matter is useless. A good blend of the two is to be desired. As to your second question, spirituality is, again, something personal and not something general. I am spiritual, if, rather ironically, only because spirituality makes the most sense to my Rational, logical mind. If you desire to set standards with ENTJ’s, I suggest you look for behaviorisms, such as ambition, intelligence, and charisma, rather than looking for beliefs, as beliefs are very nuanced and incredibly personal.

Every state of mind is a matter too. A consciousness could hypothetically have an effect on external situations. All depends on proper “configuration” of that state of mind that could produce a measurable effect. But how it could affect … and in what extent…that is totally a different topic. And I am almost sure nobody has an answer to that.

No I am not spiritual. I am trying to have as little beliefs that cannot be justified when necessary.

Do you? And why?

Hello INFP! I am a student of martial arts and one of my Hapkido training partners is an INFP so it intrigues me that you are one. He and I get along pretty well :blush: I am a female ENTJ 8w7 and personally, I am a strong “mind over matter” person. When people listen to my life story, they think I’ve had a chain of unfortunate events and compliment me on my mental strength. I don’t think I have mental strength, I think I have the right mindset about life, hence “mind over matter”. I am spiritual but I like to dabble in spirituality in an intellectual way, in more of a psychoanalytical and academically than in a floaty fairy tale way. I am not religious, I perceive religion as a social construct fabricated by humans, I cannot imagine a higher being who has reached enlightenment would request and/or obligate worship from those who have not reached enlightenment. I was born and raised half of my life in Northeast Asia, half of my life in Europe and currently residing in North America, hence I do have Eastern belief systems and can relate to them, however, I was also baptized Roman Catholic by my own choosing because I liked the disciplines and strict rules in Catholicism as I am a structured and organized human being, however I don’t pray to Mary and all the saints and believe in all that, however being baptized and going to a Catholic school gave me insight to the human mind and the big religion, Catholicism and I enjoyed the exploration and the studying of it. Hope that provided some insight!