Screwed over my INTJ, destroyed his life

I like that this forum exists because there are like minded people who understand the challenges of being an ENTJ.

I was recently fucked over by an INTJ, my best friend of 5 years. Turns out he is a pathological liar. So, I destroyed his life. He deserved it.

The question is: how to move on without being obsessed with details? I have so much information that may or may not be true and I really want to know whether it is or not. I enjoy hunting through all the bullshit and discovering the truth.

On one hand, if I didn’t hunt for details, I would not have found out that he was lying to me about the majority of his life. On the other hand, there is some truth to his life, and he is hiding secrets. I don’t like that I trusted this person with my life, my secrets for years and he played me. I would like to uncover more of his secrets, because I can and am smart enough to do so.

So, how to stop with being obsessed with details?

By stopping reminding yourself why do you need the details in the first place?

Agreed.

Do you mind sharing what it is exactly that he did to betray you? And what you did to retaliate? If you want to discuss it further, maybe we can help you process it. I’m sorry this happened btw. :neutral_face:

She caught him with a cow :laughing:

Not I destroyed his life though :laughing: :open_mouth: …so what happened exactly?

I think asking her questions is futile. After all, she practices complete silence about topic to herself. Then why should she answer us what she doesnt answer to herself. I think we should all move on.

*Notices a poup up with nude women.

Hey! Hey!

Now hold up just because he is a pathological liar as you say that doesn’t mean he played you, it means he played EVERYTHING. So I have to ask would you rather not have someone whom would lie to keep your secrets?

Seeing as the discussion of details came up I think we are dealing with an ISTJ here as classified by the MBTI. Thereby I would suggest talking with an ENTP on the matter.

But you can trust me when I say that I will lie to you in all the right ways darling. :wink:

ENTP, what for?

Well I figured one would enjoy talking to another Rational and ENTP are very persuasive with emotional situations. I’m pretty sure INTJ would be hostile to your accusations and its hard to tell the difference between J and P especially for an extravert. Besides most INTP would only treat symptoms of the problem by hitting on you because you are too fragile at this moment to talk about your feelings. An INTP could look at why this happened and speak untold lengths of depravity. However personally I hate it when people confuse hypothesizing and reminiscing, its as if they can’t do both at the same time.

Well I figured one would enjoy talking to another Rational and ENTP are very persuasive with emotional situations. I’m pretty sure INTJ would be hostile to your accusations and its hard to tell the difference between J and P especially for an extravert. Besides most INTP would only treat symptoms of the problem by hitting on you because you are too fragile at this moment to talk about your feelings. An INTP could look at why this happened and speak of the untold lengths of depravity. However personally I hate it when people confuse hypothesizing and reminiscing, its as if they can’t do both at the same time.

ENTP’s are the best lie detectors.

‘’ The Lie Detector Type

One study found that the more like an ENTP a person is, the better they are at detecting lies (Sanchez, 2011). As Extraverts, ENTPs focus their attention on other people. As Intuitives, they notice patterns, which researchers have noted is correlated with a higher abillity to pick up on falsehoods. As Thinkers, ENTPs test how self consistent information is rather than relying on the emotional content of a message. As Perceivers, ENTPs will keep their hypotheses about truth-falsehood open longer than a Judger, allowing them to take in the maximum amount of information before settling on a decision. All of these factors, suggests Sanchez, explain why ENTPs are so good at human true or false questions. ‘’

That’s all well and good. I’ve also read an article titled “ENTP: The Magical Unicorn Type”, but hey shouldn’t believe everything that you read.

i know that feels

It’s tough but obvious. You need to move forward. If you owned him and he knows it, he’s probably fixated on post response. That in itself, should be all you need.
I had one working for me, after dropping the hammer, he later got drunk and attacked me. He had no idea the persons surrounding me would attack him back. It’s all childish to me, but he was beaten badly by 10 plus people.

“If you owned him and he knows it, he’s probably fixated on post response” wow you got some plays there. Where did you learn that trick at? I like how you expect others to acknowledge observing such compulsive reactions and forming a new play on the spot, that shows talent. Yet you wouldn’t expect an inception that one could ever be on the recipient side of that ploy.

I suppose ENTJ aren’t ones for gambits much the same that INTJ don’t seem to acknowledge Pyrric Victory. I bet sometimes people can still make a fool out of you. I have never seen a drunk INTJ, but I hear they sure can drink a lot. I doubt they would catch onto the fact that you are supposed to lose at a drinking game.

Now I find it strange that a number especially a metric one crops up during an emotional response see that just isn’t biologically valid, makes what you say seem quite dubious. And the fact it takes 10 people to beat one guy means most likely you were surrounded by idiots and if that is the company you kept then you are probably at fault for that whole ordeal. That in itself, should be all that you need. :wink:

They were all morons imo. That time it played to my advantage, I’d never hedge that response. I’m not a physical personality nor do I pretend to be. It was a win for the wimp imo. Anytime one resorts to violence, they lose imo.

I’m assuming you are aggressive INTJ. Let’s play. Cheers

Well for me , one of the my main principle is honesty once the person lie i would move away directly without any hesitation and if he did any damage to me then he won’t forget me in his whole life for what am going to do to him . But it’s quite impossible tofool me because i can understand that from the beginning no matter which personality am facing