Thank you all

I would just like to take some time out Thank all the people for doing what you do and make this community great im a long time reader and first time poster so i just wanted to say thanks.

Yea we need a few more people to start interacting. Then i think we will start snowballing into something wonderful.

I just saw that 127 people are on this post...wish more would post.

Its weird, but I feel like a lurker too. And this is my baby! Strange. I read every post (through Google Reader), and its fun, but the meetup is the only real idea I've had so far to help this community become more of a utility to all participants. Maybe we can try more 'how-to's?

Actually, I think more focus on relationship is needed, since it has the most post.
So, I am inferring that the general readership is interested in relationship.

Hey Complex Mango!

I love your idea about meet ups. Elaborating on that idea, I thought about conference calling. We are so scattered around the globe... We could establish a group on skype or something like that.

I thought about creating a page on Facebook; however I think it might be a bit too mainstream for us.

Please let me know what you guys think :slight_smile:

Hi all! Yeah.. sometimes I feel like a stalker! LOL I feel like I might be posting too many times and am continually seeking out others input, etc. I think its cool to start different topics. However, I'm not completely sure how to do this as of late.

I enjoy the banter and I have thought about a few of the conversations brought up here and have done a little bit of self reflection because of them. So, I second the motion. Thanks!

Hey guys

@Daniela78 - This whole being scattered around the globe part is inconvenient, isn't it. But on the flip side, it means there's a ton of places where its possible to meet someone who you'd actually want to meet. When I finally win the battle with myself to work less and indulge my travel bug more, I plan to check with folks on this forum, and hopefully meet more of you in real life, especially since many are either in fun places (e.g. Vancouver!) or near friends and family (CA, MI etc.). It would be fun!

At the same time, I'm new to the whole skype-video conference thing (I think ENTJWoman suggested it before too?). Have been doing it lately with my business partners overseas, and its pretty cool - but mentally need to adjust to the idea of doing it for fun. For example, if we really set one up, how would it go, what would we talk about? I'm not opposed to it, just need to understand it better. How do you think it would go? Maybe we can set a basic agenda, and take it from there? If you guys can handle some possibly cheesy icebreakers, I think we can make this work. :smiley:

BTW, I did set up a Facebook page (search for ENTJ Forum on facebook), figured why not?

@ssjuliana - Posting too many times? NO SUCH THING. From checking out the visitor logs etc. I can tell you that there's a lot of folks that read pretty much every posting (whether directly or through an RSS aggregator like Google Reader etc.), a lot more than are posting. So the funny thing is that everyone seems to wish there were more posts, and people initiating more topics, but people seem to respond only if something really hits them, its like many of us almost 'set aside time' to respond - i.e. I guess we're not really a spontaneous bunch. And, as discussed elsewhere, there's a lot of 'essay' type responses. I'm definitely guilty of that - trying to break the habit!

Re: BTW, I did set up a Facebook page (search for ENTJ Forum on facebook), figured why not?

I've been on it! I have posted a few things on there. Some pics. of ENTJ females as well as a few links within the discussion section.

@ssjuliana - Posting too many times? NO SUCH THING. From checking out the visitor logs etc. I can tell you that there's a lot of folks that read pretty much every posting (whether directly or through an RSS aggregator like Google Reader etc.), a lot more than are posting. So the funny thing is that everyone seems to wish there were more posts, and people initiating more topics, but people seem to respond only if something really hits them, its like many of us almost 'set aside time' to respond - i.e. I guess we're not really a spontaneous bunch. And, as discussed elsewhere, there's a lot of 'essay' type responses. I'm definitely guilty of that - trying to break the habit!

Oh.. now I feel a little better. I seem to be enamored at the moment. I'm thinking I should take a break and not be such a "post hog!" Ha! I've read some of your posts. I think they are interesting and well written. So.. I don't mind reading the "essay" type responses. Particularly when they are entertaining!

Quick ?, how do you add a topic? I've been trying to find that feature. I have a few ideas of issues I'd like to bring to the table.
Thanks!

1. Go to a sub-forum, e.g. Board index » Temperament Specific Discussions » Temperaments in Politics/ Business
  2. Click on the "+ New Topic" button at the top left of the page (its a gray/ black button with a blue + and white text - right below the "Temperaments in Politics/ Business" header).

Great! I'll check it out and add some new posts and ideas. Thanks.

Hey Complex Mango,

Just posted on Facebook page :smiley:

I gotta give some thought to the conference calling. Great idea the agenda thing. We do have some topics that are more popular than others. What do you guys think of a call for introductions? Each of us is allocated a time slot to introduce ourselves, then the others can ask questions... Sorta like a debate format. We can use the conference calls to collect ideas form other members to situations we have difficulty dealing with. I would love to ask you guys how you handle some social situations...

Please let me know your thoughts...

Daniela,

Not a bad idea. So something like 60-120 seconds on rotation, and everybody shows up with an introduction and 2-3 topics/ questions. I'm game, but probably on a weekend afternoon or something, since I am (somewhat typically) over-committed right now. Want to propose a time? We can throw up a new topic or something to see if anyone else is up for it?

Something not discussed is how Entj’s are strategic in planning…what does that do to a person…it looks like he is leading but by nature, he is just looking ahead…looking for signs, hints, trends all the time…he seems paranoid when really he is trying to connect the dots to make sense of the big picture. How do you approach your life? Are you strategic or do you not see things coming…has a lot to do with success…even if it just means you are only able to dodge bullets. In the event of an emergency, how do function? I know you, ComplexMango, will get this…but you will be more articulate than I am.

What about an online meetup using some webinar tools… Are you a psych professor by any chance?

Hey ENTJWoman - somehow I missed that last post of yours when you posted it, sorry for the delayed response, its an interesting subject - something I’ve thought about before. I think you put it very well and agree on the impact of strategic utilitarian planning on the mind - what it seems to lead to is a lot of upfront prep and contingency planning, and makes ENTJs (in my experience) somewhat akin to perpetual ‘second-guessers’, who are forever juggling probabilities to predict outcomes and modify all the other parameters in their control, depending on outcomes. I agree that it makes the ENTJ look paranoid, even though he is, like you say, merely trying to understand and connect the dots of a large, constantly changing landscape. It seems to be, ironically enough, the biggest strength and the greatest weakness of an ENTJ in how he is perceived by others - a strange mix of unusual confidence and repetitive second-guessing.

I’ve also noticed that the ‘planting of many seeds’ or strategic contingency planning strikes many people as unnecessary or inexplicable… until the moment strikes, at which point advance ENTJ preparation is again dismissed as ‘luck’ or ‘a fluke’ for their ability to dodge bullets! Not that I’m complaining - its just that in an ‘S’ world, its not possible to be widely appreciated by the majority for strategic utilitarianism - thats just reality, neither good nor bad.

Of course, this is just my opinion and personal experience. Does this also fit your experience, or is it different?

No, I’m definitely not a psych professor, but never one to turn down a compliment, however unintentional, I accept! :text-datsphatyo: I have a few small businesses, and an amateur interest in psychology, specifically temperament, evolutionary psychology and game theory (the last of which I have some formal education in). This site is a fun hobby - one day I just realized there was no convenient way to interact with other ENTJs, so I figured I’d create one. Its getting to be better than expected, though, as it leads to interactions in the real world, which would probably be the most valuable outcome for posters.

I’m up for trying an online videoconference-type meetup. Skype?

Hmmm, you are right…many are frighten off by the predictions or they are confused with too many options when we ENTJ’s challenge them with Risk thinking. Glenn Beck is an example but I am not totally sure if he is an ENTJ but he seems to operate that way. Although, a risk manager for IT or security would be a perfect fit as an ENTJ job. I do have a degree in Psy. so I have more than a passing interest in understanding personality traits.

My other thought is about living with parents who are different personality types…they just can’t seem to understand their child and then the child is asked to accommodate the parent. Sorry…some parents just got that way (to be parents and stupid) but never give a thought to any of this.

I am also an old IT warrior and will check out Skype…see we ENTJ’s just can’t help ourselves…we have to get into it!

Thats so funny - I’ve also wondered if Glenn Beck is an ENTJ…