What do you guys do for a living/ what are your aspirations

Elementary school teacher

• Because I love, love, love kids
  • Because I think that inspiring kids to be lifelong learners is important
  • Because I want to make students critical thinkers
  • Because I like having people look up to me
  • Because I am a natural leader
  • Because I could see myself being involved in educational policy and curriculum design in the future, since being a principal is a crappy job

I have never thought that i could ever be a school teacher. Although I really love children very much, and love to play with them, i can not imagine about myself when i get angry with some school boy/ girl who drives me nuts. It would be very terrible.
I think my feelings toward something/some person is weird. It’s extreme. For example, i could not stand still watching some child being miserable, being a begger, have no chance to go to school… without doing anything for them. But when i see some child crying / nagging for something who i find getting too much spoiled, you know what, it turns me mad, i just want to twist their head off, give him/her some kicks on the ass… I remember when i was around 10, once i saw a woman with a boy around 2-3 years old crying nagging for the toys… despite the woman is so hopeless in stopping him crying. I stared at him , and those actions imagination was running through my head. I guess the woman saw my face with so terrible look, she took the baby away. :open_mouth:
It’s funny that my oldest sister ( ENTJ) have the exactly the same thought with me. She told me about her children" i can bring them up, give things to them… but they shouldnt cry in front of me. i HATE hearing the crying sound, really SOOOOO annoying" ( and her children call her"nacissist" :smiley:, you know who is the boss in her family).
My mother wanted me to be a school teacher as she was. Poor her! She didnt know her child well. :mrgreen: The principal would fire me soon if he employs me:lol:

I guess I just have empathy for the kids that don’t know how to behave. It’s not their fault; it’s the fault of the idiot parents that don’t know how to raise children. But more often than not, the parents are working their asses off and have few parenting skills because their parents were garbage parents as well. It’s cyclical.

Apparently I can now blame my intrinsic drive to succeed on being an ENTJ, which means that I better be god damn good at my job. I am. If that means winning over those students who come to school with no snow pants or breakfast by having an extra set and a granola bar in my desk, then so be it. If they love you they don’t act like little terrors in the classroom. Oh, and I am super anal about recording their progress throughout the year because it makes me feel good. Now if that isn’t self-serving, I don’t know what is. :wink:

I like your attitude.

Engineer here as well. Although, I’m not a student anymore. I’m a systems analyst on his way to a PE. I am a solo act, but that’s just because everyone else is so damn slow. Most techs I get assigned with end up quitting because of ‘high stress’ …

Idiots.

That why I quit doing other’s job. (working for others) Even the simpliest job, but my own job…is acceptable. If I work somewhere for someone, I would very quickly become a CEO of that company. But I still prefer doing my own job, even though it’s far more simplier than what would I do if I worked for others.

I am a full time commercial real estate investor - specifically, income producing properties.

For the “cylical thing” you stated above, actually half of it is true. Half is not.
Actually from my observation, i do see that if the parent are assholes, there are two tendency that their child becomes:

1. Totally an opposite ( as they’ve already seen so many bad things from their parent and never want those things repeated to their life ever)
  2. bad habits of their parent get deep in their mind, even if the child is used/ harrassed , they might become bad later on and this leads to many criminal issues.
    Anyway, raising children is really a hard work. especially raising them to be good ones. The education from family and school as well as living environment is very important. i guess you are a master in child raising already! Nice! Could you please tell me how you have mastered this? What can you recommend me to read? i think it would be useful for me one day i raise my own children and be prepared for that in advance. I love psycology, so it’s great to read some on children’s psycology.
    i have read some from " please understanding me II", they say about parenting- relationship between parent’s types and childen types. But i guess typing a child at so young age is not so useful in raising them.

I guess every other ENTJ was able to reason and agree that Commercial Real Estate is the most promising source of income. :dance:

1. Sales & Leasing
  2. Property Manager
  3. Asset Manager
  4. Speculator

Real Estate has always been a strong fascination and passion in life, but I had always distinguished real estate as the only vehicle that could financially nurture all of my dreams/passions. Interestingly enough, these days my aspirations are to become a true hedonist. Well for the next year that is, and then i’ll resume on the warpath of taking over the world. :violin:

I’m talking about kids who are in grade K-6 and from VERY at-risk areas. Students in grade 6 are 11 years old, and very few of them have the rational skills to say “I never want to do these things in my life that I see my parents doing.” They simply don’t know any differently.

I am far from a master on raising children. In fact, I don’t even know if I intend on having any of my own.
As far as educational theorists go, Glasser and Kohn are my first choice. According to Kohn and Glasser, instead of focusing on grades and tests, we must help students to reason, to comunicate, and help them develop social and personal responsibility, self-awareness and a capacity for leadership. Thinking deeply and critically should be the first goal of education (and raising children) in my opinion…

As a former kindergarten teacher, I would say the best thing a parent can do before a student comes to me is to teach them that it is ok to have an opinion that is different from everyone else, but they should be able to voice why they believe what they do. The worst is little 5 year old girls that have learned that it is ok to shrug their shoulders and look cute. I remember when I had a girl in my class who was ridiculously adorable, but couldn’t even answer a question like “what is your favourite food?” with more than “I don’t know…” for the first 5 months.

I totally agree with you on those things. People didnt know whether their opinion really matter and help if they voice them out. Instead of sitting there doing nothing, they should have known that they should do something to change it. If they can not have any opinion for themself, them would becoem submissive, and so are their children. ( children are very mimicy, they mimic their parent’s ways of doing things)
i can give you one example occurred in my life:
One sunday, i came to the parent’s meeting for my niece. There was a teacher who teaches them a subject. The way she teaches the school boys/girls for that subject is not suitable. As i have been through that, have learnt many ways to study it more efficiently, i saw how it should be taught more efficiently. So i voiced out with the teacher. I did know that she just followed the rules and ways hat stated out by people from the upper hierachy ( idiots! that’s why i always came up so easily at being on top above those headless ones during my school time). But as a teacher, she should have known that she can collect opinion from the school boys/girls who directly receive the bad result from that stupid way of teaching and hence can change it. All my niece and some of her classmates’ opinion was rejected which is really made me mad! I wonder why so many people sitting there even saying a word! ( i guess they were not taught the value of rasing their own voice and already have become submissive people, and then, their children become exactly the same with them). Then i came up as an opinionated person. ( my niece told me that she heard her classmates discussed about a parent who “shout at the teacher” in the parent’s meeting :laughing: and forced the school to change the way they teach the subject which is very itimidating). in fact, i was very calm discussing things with her, showing her ways, explaining what and what didnt and will work. ( i understand why ENTJs are always be misunderstood).but anyway, in the end the school decided to change that way of teaching and hence all school boys/girls are very happy now. At least my voice is worth for something.

For a living: I work in scientific publishing. It’s quite interesting, I like doing project management but I hate being stuck at a desk all day, every day. It frustrates me.

Voluntarily: I run a charity with some friends. This is great because I get to use and learn lots of different skills and it feels nice to create something worthwhile with other people.

Aspirations: I want a job with more variety and maybe do something creative. I’m thinking of doing a design course. I do a lot of evening classes - learning languages etc. I also want to earn more money so I can travel more and generally do more. I’d like to start a business but I think I need a partner because I can’t think of a good business idea… I’d LIKE TO HAVE A TOY SHOP and design toys lol.

I think the most important things to me in general are beauty, goodness and truth.

I am currently a teamleader in a contact centre for a utilities company… and yup…I thoroughly enjoy it.

Loads of figures, loads of people and loads and loads of challenges.

I’m a waitress

I am currently an art student…
But next year i will study economics&science :slight_smile:

Law Graduate who feels to odd about a future as a lawyer, working in finances at a university and not content. I am 25. I will probably go back to school and I aim to eventually run my own business.

I’m a Biker who presently works full time as a business mail CSR and data processor. I’m retired military (23 yrs US Army, all combat arms, including 2 tours [8 yrs] as an SF Med Sgt in Central/S America and 4 yrs in the Berlin Brigade, was also a Drill Sgt for 3 yrs…all the rest was Airborne Infantry).

My passions are riding my bike (motorcycle), playing the Native American Flute and being a patched member of BACA (Bikers Against Child Abuse). If you don’t know about BACA visit www.bacaworld.org and watch the 14 min video on the home page…you may want to have a tissue handy.

My aspirations are to help empower all the wounded children of my state to no longer fear the world in which they live by leading and developing more BACA to service and protect these children in our state.

I’m self employed in media used to work as an accountant/bookkeeper but hated the narrow scope I’m toooo much of a control freak and I don’t believe that’s a bad thing I’d rather be in charge than take orders unless it’s from someone I respect which can be problematic as I don’t just respect people because I’m supposed to because of their position I respect them because they’re competent with a ethical Character soooo not very good subordinate material if your wimpy and you know it

I’m an entrepreneur in Canada. . Although originally from UK. Started my marketing company in 2011 and it’s the best step I could have taken. Always felt confident I was going to have my own company & I’d be successful but didn’t think being 37 and single Mum of 3 small kids would be the time it would all fall into place. I’ve found however good I was as an employee, nothing is a bigger driver than being your own boss. I LOVE it… and just need to make sure i don’t over work myself and get stressed. 2015 = exercise and diet will move back into my priorities / focus … doing Myers Briggs test recently has ( and will continue to ) allowed me to understand myself, my employees and my clients better and to see where i can improve.