Who else out there has INTJ best friends/partners?

Just flipping through the romance and socializing threads, it seems like there are a lot of ENTJs that have found an excellent, highly-compatible match with an INTJ (Myself being one of those ENTJs).

Reply if you have a close, symbiotic relationship with an INTJ!

I am beginning to suspect they are our perfect (only?) match! :think:

That sounds true, my best friends are INTJs .

My best friend was an INTJ it was kinda freaky how alike our minds were.I think they are our best match.

Nobody seems to appreciate my ideas more fully than my ENTJ friend - and I (INTJ) am time and again impressed by his effectiveness of getting things done.

oh yes. one of my very good friends is an INTJ. and I get along with him completely!! we have very similar minds, and beliefs. it’s great! :slight_smile:

They are a very similar couple of types. The functions are close as well so it would make sense.
INTJ
Dominant: Ni
Auxiliary: Te
ENTJ
Dominant: Te
Auxiliary: Ni

I find I prefer the company of ENTJ’s over INTJ’s.

My wife is an INTJ for the most part (can be ISFJ depending on her mood), but it works out great most of the time. We can be partners in crime as long as we are on the same page. She thinks things through more than I do and I’m more of a person of action. Its kind of funny sometimes she whispers her ideas in my ear (literally) and I carry them out for her. She might as well be the little voice in my head.

The only problems that we encounter is if we have different ideas. She wants to take us in one direction and I want to go in the other. We are both stubborn to all hell and will see hell freeze over before we compromise. I exasperate the situation by pounding her with my extroverted thinking tendencies and she needs a moment to think things over.

My wife is an INTJ. We get along quite well. There is never really any disagreement between us. If there is, it only lasts a few minutes. It really is quite peaceful. I have no complaints. Personal observation, of the many relationships I have been in, this is by far the most rewarding.

ENTJ and INTJ share the same functions ( Te, Ni). Therefore, both are like-minded. INTJ is introverted and perceiving type, who is very good at LISTENING- what an ENTJ NEEDS ( someone to listen to what he says, even they are BS or not) :wink: . That’s why both can make a great couple.
You are lucky man though :smiley:

My girlfriend is an INTJ. She sent me this amusing writeup of our MBTI types once.

ENTJ: The Evil Overlord

The ENTJ is best characterized by his charisma, his ability to grasp complex situations and to think flexibly and creatively, his keen and active intelligence, and his overwhelming desire to crush the world beneath his boot. ENTJs are naturally outgoing and love the company of other people, particulalry minions, henchmen, slaves, and the others they rule with ruthless efficiency.

ENTJs usually die at the hand of secret government agents in a fiery cataclysm that destroys their entire underground fortress. Often, Evil Overlords will have a secret clone whose implanted memories contain all the knowledge and ambition of the original, stored in cryonic suspension in a safe location. The clone will appear in a sequel.

RECREATION: ENTJs enjoy spending their leisure time in groups, seeking out the company of others with whom they can exchange strategies and ideas, and test their mind control rays. They also enjoy competitive games which challenge them intellectually, such as chess, go, and “tell me where the missiles are or I’ll open the pirhana cage and the girl dies.”

COMPATIBILITY: Ideal companions include ENTPs, whose inventive natures often most useful; and ESTJs, who make excellent henchmen once the neural realignment is complete. ENTJs often employ the services of ISTJs but don’t usually make good romantic partners with them. Under no circumstances should an ENTJ ever date an ENFJ; no good can come of it.

Famous ENTJs include Ming the Merciless, John Bigboote, and Charles Montgomery Burns.

INTJ: The outside contractor

INTJs are solid, competent personalities who may seem aloof and even arrogant, but who are typically highly skilled in any field which interests them. INTJs are confident in their skills and knowledge, self-assured, and imaginitive; their exceptional problem-solving skills make them ideal architects, auto mechanics, and tools of the evil empire. While it requires the driving will to conquer of an ENTJ to imagine the Death Star and the evil genius of an ENTP to invent its devastating weapons systems, the skill and technical prowess of the INTJ is what makes the whole thing work.

The INTJ sees life as a problem to be solved. For that reason, the INTJ is the person a company brings in from the outside to streamline production processes and identify redundant assets for termination. The INTJ’s combination of analyticial problem-solving skills and complete and utter disregard for the morality or consequences of his actions also make him ideal for the job of hatchet man, CIA operative, and helpdesk operator.

RECREATION: INTJs are often baffled by the strange and incomprehensible recreational rituals of other people, such as going to parties, watching television, and having sex. Instead, they prefer to spend their leisure time installing twin missile launchers in their cars to deter tailgaters and playing chess with megalomaniac CEOs of the Tyrell corporation.

COMPATIBILITY: Silly person, INTJs don’t have relationships! They may, however build their own friends.

Famous INTJs include J. F. Sebastian and Sgt. Apone.

LOL!

So, out of the context, do you concur with the statment yourself? Does it apply to you?

I haven’t been killed yet so I don’t know, but I hope not. I’d like to outlive all my mortal enemies.

And who is that? Goverment? Which part of it?

Two of my smartest friends are INTJs.
One of them was 2 years undergrad at Santa Clara University and went straight into Harvard Law. She did not take a year off to study the LSAT, she just took it during her final year. She’s currently an attorney in NYC.
The other one is an entrepreneur along with a stable job just like anyone else. She gets promoted like no other pretty effn often. She’s also my business partner.

The first one. She’s way too focused to be talking to me. But when we talk, she’s very smooth and calm. She reminds me of the two Godfathers- Vito Andolini Corleone and Michael Corleone. She’s way too smart for me.

The second one truly is an introverted version of me. She likes to formulate plans and execute them. I love working with her and I feel so peaceful and at ease around her.

I may be ENTJ, but I’ve learnt how to communicate like a feeler and ask those two about their feelings and opinions and thoughts about their experiences as an INTJ and how they take society’s reaction towards them. Their insights are very…liberating to hear. They do get complaints that they aren’t the type to be considerate of other people’s emotions. I asked if they were bothered by it and they said they’re too busy on the objective to make it a priority.

I initially started to learn how to communicate versatilely so I can achieve my objective efficiently, but I’ve found myself to be empathic with feelers. Maybe their ways have influenced me since I’ve walked in their shoes for a bit. But yeah, I feel too. I can feel that feelings are there for them, but it’s very minimal. I guess that’s why they are very good at being professional.

Only one person’s ever actually tried to kill me before, and that was pretty half hearted, so I’ve had a fortunate shortage of mortal enemies to date. But I’m on the list to deploy to Afghanistan in 2012 (I’m a reservist) so I guess I will learn what it feels like to have men seriously working towards my demise next year. I definitely want to outlive all those bastards.

so i woke up finding out that oneof my good friends is an INTJ. woot! found another one!

Then military part of goverment is trying to kill you. I get that.