Am I an ENFP or an ENTJ?

Introspective and Pragmatic: ENTJ, INTJ, ENTP, INTP

Re: Am I an ENFP or an ENTJ?

Postby IAmNumberThree » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Fairly okay, I identify with some parts but not all of them. I'm very career-focused and I have high standards but I'm not driven to be a leader. I can be controlling/pushy sometimes though. Thank you, that sounds like it would be a great amount of help. No need to thank me haha, thank you for taking time to help me.
IAmNumberThree

MBTI Type: ENxx

Postby jayne » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:55 am

INTP is asking if you are easily offended.
Marvel at something
jayne

MBTI Type: ENTJ

Postby IAmNumberThree » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:53 am

Nah, people don't really offend me unless they disrespect me for something I believe in but I do get annoyed a lot. I'm a mostly apathetic person.
IAmNumberThree

Postby jayne » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Ok my INTP looked over the thread and here are his thoughts.

IAmNumberThree wrote:Nah, people don't really offend me unless they disrespect me for something I believe in but I do get annoyed a lot. I'm a mostly apathetic person.

Jayne's INTP wrote:

Not a conclusive answer, but it detects some Fi, Not sure though. I was asking to narrow it from intp and infp

This is telling:
"I don't enjoy school because I don't like anyone particularly but I definitely have a strong interest for higher education." That doesn't sound intp. I would answer that question: I don't like school because it's been retardedly easy.

"I love small talk"
I think you can eliminate intp

Not entp, and with no friends I'm thinking infp
Yeah weak Te
Marvel at something
jayne

Postby IAmNumberThree » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Yeah, I am very sure that I'm an Fi/Te user. I dunno, I get energized by my interactions with others and I need absolutely no down time except when I'm sleepy. While I might have weak Te, I don't think it's my inferior function.
IAmNumberThree

Postby jayne » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:45 pm

Ok then, here I've crossed off all Ti and the inferior Te types. Hope this helps.

Marvel at something
jayne

Postby jayne » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:59 pm

Take your time. There's no rush. You might need to sleep on this for a few days or longer. You'll get there! :)
Marvel at something
jayne

Postby IAmNumberThree » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Thank you! I've actually been struggling to find my actual type for 3 years. Could you ask me more questions?
IAmNumberThree

Postby jayne » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:55 am

Wow, ok I'll do my best! *Hug*

I have another idea. You mentioned that you had been abused, so you've suffered a lot of stress. Our preferred cognitive functions can be depleted when stress is prolonged. As a back-up resource, we can reach into our subconscious to use our shadow functions. If this has been happening, you probably would not be consciously aware of it. It tends to be a gradual change over time, rather than a sudden shift. Your shadow has the exact opposite orientation of what your preferences are, if that makes sense. And your shadow could possibly be what we are seeing now, at least in part.

Here are the types that you and I have considered with their shadows below each. Take a look at the profiles for each shadow and see if you recognize any similarity between them and how your personality has been in the past.

Marvel at something
jayne

Postby IAmNumberThree » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:16 am

Thanks a lot!

Yeah, that's what confused me. I wasn't sure if my type was my actual type or my shadow type.

I can't seem to find any profiles of shadow types although I do know that I act like an unhealthy ESFJ when I'm VERY stressed out but I'm no ISFP. When I'm unhealthy, I am constantly concerned with emotionally connect with others and being liked. I also focus on small details and tend to remember them more. I am haunted by the past and tend to think about my memories constantly.
IAmNumberThree

PreviousNext

Return to NTs (Rationals)