Am I an ENFP or an ENTJ?

Introspective and Pragmatic: ENTJ, INTJ, ENTP, INTP

Re: Am I an ENFP or an ENTJ?

Postby jayne » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:52 am

IAmNumberThree wrote:I think about the past very negatively and I remember bad things after they've happened a long time ago and nobody but me remembers anything. I've never experienced nostalgia in my life. I honestly can't since I still live in an abusive household and a sexist, violent smalltown.

Ouch. :cry: I'm so sorry to hear that. You mentioned being apathetic and never experiencing nostalgia, which could be part of the numbness of PTSD. An untreated anxiety disorder could be making it difficult to type yourself. Even though you're not in crisis, these symptoms are probably affecting your life more than you realize. Do you have anyone you trust in your extended family who would help with this? Or is there a counselor at school? Another option is you could discuss these symptoms with your family doctor. Fortunately, it's treatable. I hope you're not in any danger right now.
Marvel at something
jayne

MBTI Type: ENTJ

Postby IAmNumberThree » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:20 am

Thank you for your compassion. Maybe, I'm not sure, it's definitely possible. Nope, they don't speak the same language as me nor am I close to them. The counselors at school don't seem to want to discuss personal issues nor am I fond of having heart-to-heart talks with people I barely know. Sadly, I'm not allowed to spend time alone with a doctor. I'm in any serious danger but I can't wait until I move out and start my life.
IAmNumberThree

MBTI Type: ENxx

Postby jayne » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Hopefully you don't have PTSD. If there is a healthier living situation among your family and friends, there might be a face saving excuse you could use for asking your parents to move there. Think about it.

Recall from your earliest memories, and tell me which activities energized you the most. How/what did you play? What subjects in school did you enjoy and why? Tell us about your study habits. What do you do for fun and what relaxes you? Have you had many opportunities to express yourself in a creative way? Give specific examples and as much detail as you can please.
Marvel at something
jayne

Postby IAmNumberThree » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:03 pm

Probably not, actually I haven't been thinking about my negative past memories too often for around 3 months which is rather great. Most abusive parents aren't going to let their kids move away.

I had fun going on walks thinking about my thoughts. Sadly, I got lost a lot because I was so involved in my thoughts...I never played with toys because I got bored of them easily. I read, drew, and did craft projects and I still do to this day. I find it fun and I think it contributes to me being well-rounded. I always chose a subject to be the best at in school since I was really competitive and liked being the expert. It was Math all throughout elementary school and I always did assignments in our workbook ahead of time and found out little tricks. I liked to understand how exactly things worked when it came to that subject. I never studied though. I winged it when it came to tests and I got A's. I consider studying a waste of time since I don't need it. I liked to create things and read. Somewhat, I have to push my parents into buying things but not too much.
IAmNumberThree

Postby jayne » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:48 am

You sound like you're coping well. Since home life is unhappy, in the future, consider after school activities and/or employment to get yourself out of the house. Keep going on those long walks and enjoying art and crafts, great for stress relief! You need a few friends, so work on that.

As for your type, I'm still seeing INFP, possibly INTP. Keep reading about those two types.

http://infpforum.net/
http://intpforum.com/
Marvel at something
jayne

Postby IAmNumberThree » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:38 pm

I am. Thanks for the advice. I have two close friends but they don't live near me. I like having acquaintances better.

After reding articles, taking tests, and browsing forums, I've decided that I am an ENTJ. I am a definite dominant Je user and I use Fi. ExTJ. I live for the future and nothing I do is in the here and now. Intuition. ENTJ.
IAmNumberThree

Postby jayne » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:15 am

You sure seem like a judger right now, wanting to close the deal, haha. I don't know how far you want to delve into MBTI but I thought of you when I saw this channel the other day. Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ORbKXdmyjco#t=44s
Marvel at something
jayne

Postby IAmNumberThree » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Haha yes, I definitely want to make decisions right away. I hate keeping options open strongly and nothing annoys me more than indecisive people. That's kind of you, thanks!
IAmNumberThree

Postby IAmNumberThree » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:04 am

I'm starting to doubt my type again. *sigh*
IAmNumberThree

Postby jayne » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:37 am

What are you thinking it is now? You're young so it can be hard at this age.
Marvel at something
jayne

PreviousNext

Return to NTs (Rationals)