Is "House" on the TV show and ENTP?

Introspective and Pragmatic: ENTJ, INTJ, ENTP, INTP

Is "House" on the TV show and ENTP?

Postby mserogerb » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:54 pm

I think he is an E because he solves his problems out loud.
He is definitly an NT without question
He is a P because he thinks out side the box a lot

His social skills seem to be hidden

The rest of his team, Wilson and Cuddy all seem to at least be NT?

Feedback?

mserogerb
I am on my way home!! 363
mserogerb

MBTI Type: ENTJ

Re: Is "House" on the TV show and ENTP?

Postby Ace_ » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:29 am

This was discussed on almost every personality forum I've been to. All 4 of the NT types want him. I think he exhibits traits of all 4 of the NT types because he's not real. Sometimes he's loud and annoying, sometimes he sits in his office all alone and so on.

INTPs have concluded he's an INTP, I think INTJs have concluded he's an INTJ. Go figure. Everyone wants to identify with a genius guy like House.

I think most fictional characters (especially in TV shows) can't be typed because they are made primarily to be interesting. The writers take some good stuff from the INTP, some good stuff from the ENTJ... and make an awesome character.
Ace_

Postby llBradll » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:27 pm

I would say INTP. He enjoys the aspect of figuring out peoples illnesses/problems more than acting on them. He doesn't want a case if it doesn't interest him either. His disdain for most people would possibly suggest that he's and I, but many E's share that trait.
llBradll

MBTI Type: iNTj

Postby wiarumas » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:27 am

The E and I debate could go either way. I vote Introvert though. Even though he exhibits extroverted tendencies at work thinking out loud, he is a bit reclusive in his personal life that has me leaning towards introvert. However, he could just be introverted because of other reasons (drug use perhaps? depression?), but is really an extrovert. Possible, but I find the former more believable.

Same goes with P and J. I'm leaning more towards J though. He does seem to figure out things as he goes along, but he tends to resort to the whiteboard a lot. Also, I would imagine that he has a grand plan in his head that he may not be sharing with the viewers - this demonstrates that the introvert and judger personalities supporting each other.

So, I bet he is either an ENTP or a INTJ. I'm betting INTJ for the reasons above (exhibits E behavior, but really an I; exhibits P behavior, but is a J and doesn't show it extremely because he is an I).
wiarumas

Postby Ace_ » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:49 pm

See what I'm saying?

Now we just need someone to claim he's an ENTJ and we've got all 4 types in THIS TOPIC alone! :mrgreen:
Ace_

Postby freeeekyyy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:46 pm

House is an ENTP. I don't know how he could be seen as anything but. His personality screams Ne, and he's definitely no ENFP. In some of the very early episodes, he showed some characteristics which could be better associated with INTJ, but that's totally changed. I don't see INTP or ENTJ in him at all.
freeeekyyy

MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby ComplexMango » Mon May 30, 2011 3:03 am

mserogerb wrote:I think he is an E because he solves his problems out loud.

Feedback?

mserogerb

I recently got into watching House, and consider him a fairly typical INTP. He does think aloud, but as a responder(INTP), not a co-worker (ENTP) or initiator (ENTJ). He gets into way too much depth on cases and his knowledge base to be an ENTP or ENTJ, and is also more prone to extreme behavior (again INTP trait - everything has to come down to a binary truth). Also, he is very Ne driven (its funny how talking to Wilson helps him trigger his intuitions). Spontaneous, so can't be a J (rules out INTP and INTJ). And really really likes to be alone (definitely not an E).

Wilson and Cuddy are both co-operators, with Wilson an ENFJ (cannot take him seriously) and Cuddy an ESTJ. Cuddy strikes me as really an excellent portrayal of an ESTJ woman - spitting image of a friend of mine.

Interestingly, Foreman seems to be an ENTJ! Though I think he's too confused (Fi misfires?). 13 is an INFJ, as is Cameron; Kuttner ESFP, Taub probably ESTJ, Chase probably ISTP.
"Life gets better if we admit that its already pretty good"
ComplexMango
Site Admin

Postby BlackBriar » Tue May 31, 2011 5:32 pm

mserogerb wrote:I think he is an E because he solves his problems out loud.

Feedback?

mserogerb

Thinking outside the box is more of an N trait.

S will roll with punches and what's infront of them.
N will try to take formulas to the next levels.
BlackBriar

Postby taffeta » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:59 pm

I vote INTJ. I think he's too disconnected from his environment to be an Extrovert.
ENTP or ENTJ? That is the question.
Enneatype 5
taffeta

MBTI Type: ENTX

Postby paucitypersonality » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:12 pm

ComplexMango wrote:I recently got into watching House, and consider him a fairly typical INTP. He does think aloud, but as a responder(INTP), not a co-worker (ENTP) or initiator (ENTJ). He gets into way too much depth on cases and his knowledge base to be an ENTP or ENTJ, and is also more prone to extreme behavior (again INTP trait - everything has to come down to a binary truth). Also, he is very Ne driven (its funny how talking to Wilson helps him trigger his intuitions). Spontaneous, so can't be a J (rules out INTP and INTJ). And really really likes to be alone (definitely not an E).

Well, I AM an INTJ and I gotta go with you Mango, but for the fact that his is so dry and forward in responses like a "J" tends to be. His responses kind of "plow" through people's logic and that word I most associate with a "J", again. So, I don't know. I kind of don't really care. I'd say INTJ just for those final things. INTP's also have this dismissive sense of humor that I find House has, but he also darkly gives it off too. He's got an interchangeable P/J!!!! Hybrid! Maybe he's an INFJ?
“Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.”
paucitypersonality

MBTI Type: xxxx

Next

Return to NTs (Rationals)