ENTJ under depression

Introspective and Pragmatic: ENTJ, INTJ, ENTP, INTP

ENTJ under depression

Postby lamer » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:05 pm

Have you ever been through a depression? What have you done those times?
Per timorem ambulate! Flammam in anima ardete! Longa et obcura nox a prima luce superabitur.
lamer

MBTI Type: ENTJ

Re: ENTJ under depression

Postby Ace_ » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:36 am

Yes, and still am in a mild depression.

I go into repetitive task mode to relieve my feeling of worthlessness. I do small stuff to earn money, work online at mturk.com, boring repetitive tasks, I clean up my room, buy supplements to try to get into shape... That's what I do to try to relieve depression and stress.

But what depression makes me do is run away from society, stay in my room online forever, my palms sweat when I go into a crowd after spending a few days alone, I can't warn of negative thoughts, my fear of rejection goes into overdrive, I can't use the phone to call strangers or when it gets bad to call people I know, I feel tired all the time, my ideas rot along with me in a txt file on my desktop because I have no motivation to work, I think I'm worthless, stupid, passionless, a phony, I procrastinate, my memory and learning ability suffers... I could go on forever...

It's gotten a little better the last 6 months maybe but not much better. It always comes back but now I've found a way to keep myself occupied. I make websites to try to earn money and get my life straightened out.

I can write this easily on an anonymous forum but if I said it to people IRL they would either pity me or not understand me, and both are bad in their own way. There are only two people who know I'm depressed and one of them is even more depressed than me.

Conclusion: real depression is debilitating. It's not something you get for a few days. It's horrible, and it can hit awesome ENTJs too, who turn into INTJs while they're depressed. There are many of those on the INTJ forum who self identify as INTJs but they are actually depressed ENTJs.
Ace_

Postby lamer » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:18 am

I have been through that. It was aweful feelings and moment. ENTJ would become INTJ when being depressed i guess. Most 8 types enneagram ( many are ENTJs ) have tendency to turn to type5 ( mostly INTJs) under depression.
I came to the sea, went swimming and did other activities. They helped.
Per timorem ambulate! Flammam in anima ardete! Longa et obcura nox a prima luce superabitur.
lamer

Postby Wasabi » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:04 am

fgh
Last edited by Wasabi on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fkyu is the only proven path to fkyu.

Fkyu of Self is the only proven path to fkyu.

--------------

This....is...FKYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

---------------

In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society
Wasabi

MBTI Type: FKYU

Postby Sligh » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:58 am

Have been, some years ago. I also engaged in repetitive activities (though not 'mindless': specifically online magic and online poker).
"I will test my might and be victorious!"
Sligh

Postby Wasabi » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:17 pm

fgh
Last edited by Wasabi on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fkyu of Self is the only proven path to fkyu.

--------------

This....is...FKYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

---------------

In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society
Wasabi

MBTI Type: FKYU

Postby kenza010 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:38 pm

I rarely get depressed, but when under stress, I try to find a lot of things to focus on if the problem is not something that can be immediately dealt with until the solution comes to me.
Last edited by kenza010 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenza010

Postby LeonardoLestat » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:06 pm

Last edited by LeonardoLestat on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type: ISFP

Postby lamer » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:10 pm

LeonardoLestat wrote:not fun. not for me. not for them.

Another way for saying:" poor them, as they have to suffer me much" :mrgreen:
lamer

Postby Jayturbo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:39 pm

kenza010 wrote:I rarely get depressed, but when under stress, I try to find a lot of things to focus on if the problem is not something that can be immediately dealt with until the solution comes to me.

Yes, that's what I thought. I don't think ENTJs get depressed that easily. Am 40 and don't quite remember being depressed. I rather feel angry, anxious and abusive, but not repressed.
Jayturbo

Next

Return to NTs (Rationals)