Rave about ISFJs

Observant and Cooperative: ESTJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, ISFJ

Rave about ISFJs

Postby ProdigalDaughter » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Anyhow, currently my ISFJ cousin is visiting me from Germany, and so far, since he's been here, he's 1) fixed the air conditioning on my car 2) fixed the door on my shower 3) built a new bookshelf for me by scratch and 4) fixed something wrong with my bike

Also, we have the same sense of dry humour. This is great, I hope he stays with me more often. Life is so much easier having an ISFJ around to take care of these practical details that I put off until the last possible minute. Anyone else experience this? I heard ISFJ types are typically the most ideal of ENTJs. I'm thinking this might be accurate.
ProdigalDaughter

MBTI Type: entj

Re: Rave about ISFJs

Postby lamer » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:42 am

ProdigalDaughter wrote:Anyhow, currently my ISFJ cousin is visiting me from Germany, and so far, since he's been here, he's 1) fixed the air conditioning on my car 2) fixed the door on my shower 3) built a new bookshelf for me by scratch and 4) fixed something wrong with my bike

Also, we have the same sense of dry humour. This is great, I hope he stays with me more often. Life is so much easier having an ISFJ around to take care of these practical details that I put off until the last possible minute. Anyone else experience this? I heard ISFJ types are typically the most ideal of ENTJs. I'm thinking this might be accurate.

Never can imagine myself with an ISFJ man! life would be hell i guess! i get along better with E types, so ESFJ is still possible, never ISFJ!
ISFJ men are lacking of dominance, the J ( stubborness)+ stupidity is nightmare. Full of tears is even worse!
Per timorem ambulate! Flammam in anima ardete! Longa et obcura nox a prima luce superabitur.
lamer

MBTI Type: ENTJ

Postby senada » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:57 pm

I think an ENTJ and ISFJ mesh well together provided that both have a good level of maturity and are healthy individuals. Simply put-- they need to have some of their life together to be able to offer each other fruitful parts of their personality.

ISFJs and ENTJs will bring a sense of calmness to one another as if there isn't a need to over-think the usual things they over-think about everyday, and each one inspires the other to enjoy their own respective worlds. An ENTJ might like S stuff a little more, and an ISFJ will enjoy rationalizing things out a bit more. An ISFJ makes the ENTJ a bit more well-rounded as a person, and vice versa.

In the end, it depends on maturity and being on a certain similar wave-length.
senada

MBTI Type: xNFx

Postby ComplexMango » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:23 am

senada wrote:I think an ENTJ and ISFJ mesh well together provided that both have a good level of maturity and are healthy individuals. Simply put-- they need to have some of their life together to be able to offer each other fruitful parts of their personality.

ISFJs and ENTJs will bring a sense of calmness to one another as if there isn't a need to over-think the usual things they over-think about everyday, and each one inspires the other to enjoy their own respective worlds. An ENTJ might like S stuff a little more, and an ISFJ will enjoy rationalizing things out a bit more. An ISFJ makes the ENTJ a bit more well-rounded as a person, and vice versa.

How does the utilitarian Vs cooperator dynamic play out? I would think it might lead to conflict/boredom?
"Life gets better if we admit that its already pretty good"
ComplexMango
Site Admin

Postby lamer » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:54 am

ComplexMango wrote:How does the utilitarian Vs cooperator dynamic play out? I would think it might lead to conflict/boredom?

Too much conflict to my experience.
I got a first born ENTJ female friend who married to a last born ESFJ guy. Their relationship is pretty harsh to her opinion.
Per timorem ambulate! Flammam in anima ardete! Longa et obcura nox a prima luce superabitur.
lamer

Postby PoodleSyndrome » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:14 pm

lamer wrote:the J ( stubborness)+ stupidity is nightmare

This made me laugh. I suppose this applies to ESFJs who I find quite pushy.
The smartest dog is .... a Border Collie.
PoodleSyndrome

Postby senada » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:17 pm

ComplexMango wrote:
senada wrote:I think an ENTJ and ISFJ mesh well together provided that both have a good level of maturity and are healthy individuals. Simply put-- they need to have some of their life together to be able to offer each other fruitful parts of their personality.

How does the utilitarian Vs cooperator dynamic play out? I would think it might lead to conflict/boredom?

I think utilitarian/cooperator is based on a type's reaction to circumstances and events, as they are tools, whereas communication is largely based on abstract/concrete. Hence, wouldn't an abstract utilitarian (NT personalities) have certain communication clashes with a concrete utilitarian (SP personalities) as well as with cooperators?

In terms of cognitive functions, ISFJs possess what ENTJs don't prefer at all yet the absence of it may be affecting now and then, hence the presence of it provides relief and perspective.

It goes without saying that despite this, boredom can ensue as well as conflicts. It will definitely feel like nothing is happening for both types respectively and at this point how differently they deal with life and the world will start having an impact negatively. This is because ISFJs and ENTJs have no functions in common:
ISFJ - Si-Fe-Ti-Ne
ENTJ - Te-Ni-Se-Fi

So I'm suspecting that if one forces one's views on the other is when conflicts will start arising. The different point of views will get annoying for both types.

In the ISFJ-ENTJ dynamics, I guess when things are good, they're VERY good, but when they're bad, it can be severely blown out of proportion, however since each other's dominant function is the other's non-preferred function, it is welcomed anyway at some point or another. A lot of ENTJs report bad news with regards to xSFJs as it is, so much of anything can really be taken with a grain of salt. It's after all a speculation/theory, and perhaps in real life where two people cognitively match are likely to get along.
senada

MBTI Type: xNFx

Postby litrane » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:18 am

whoops
Last edited by litrane on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
litrane

MBTI Type: isfj

Postby litrane » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:33 am

nevermind
litrane

MBTI Type: isfj

Postby narmour » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:43 pm

senada wrote:I think utilitarian/cooperator is based on a type's reaction to circumstances and events, as they are tools, whereas communication is largely based on abstract/concrete. Hence, wouldn't an abstract utilitarian (NT personalities) have certain communication clashes with a concrete utilitarian (SP personalities) as well as with cooperators?

In terms of cognitive functions, ISFJs possess what ENTJs don't prefer at all yet the absence of it may be affecting now and then, hence the presence of it provides relief and perspective.

It goes without saying that despite this, boredom can ensue as well as conflicts. It will definitely feel like nothing is happening for both types respectively and at this point how differently they deal with life and the world will start having an impact negatively. This is because ISFJs and ENTJs have no functions in common:
ISFJ - Si-Fe-Ti-Ne
ENTJ - Te-Ni-Se-Fi

So I'm suspecting that if one forces one's views on the other is when conflicts will start arising. The different point of views will get annoying for both types.

In the ISFJ-ENTJ dynamics, I guess when things are good, they're VERY good, but when they're bad, it can be severely blown out of proportion, however since each other's dominant function is the other's non-preferred function, it is welcomed anyway at some point or another. A lot of ENTJs report bad news with regards to xSFJs as it is, so much of anything can really be taken with a grain of salt. It's after all a speculation/theory, and perhaps in real life where two people cognitively match are likely to get along.

I agree with this it makes quite a bit of sense with my personal experience with ISFJ's. If an ENTJ is quite matured and takes president in learning more about the perspective and thought processes involved rather than trying to correct the ISFJ and teach them there is no conflict; matured ENTJ's do not instigate conflict - they are beyond that level of thought as they know there is nothing to be learnt out of conflict so why persue it? An ENTJ will rarely put himself in a position where he hasnt covered all bases; provided back doors and masterminded the whole operation so it is impossible for him to ever be wrong. Some people may say they think 2 steps ahead, ENTJ's are thinking 100 steps ahead and can patch into any single step and make changes quicker than the other can comprehend the speed at which an ENTJ mind operates. It's both a gift and a damned curse.

The ISFJ/ENTJ combination in my experience is that it's so good, so natural; it's comforting to have someone so strong in what ENTJ's are typically weak at; being emotional; that it adds a massive sense of security it's almost like a relief, 'all I have to do is be understanding and acknowledge her emotions, she'll do the rest' - it is that internal voice that lifts a huge burden for an ENTJ who isn't willing to be emotional. The bad thing - and it's a big one; these relationships are just boring and ISFJ's cannot begin to mentally stimulate an ENTJ. And that sucks - I always end up with ISFJ girlfriends, and they always end the same. They say opposites attract and that rings true however in my experience as an ENTJ we aren't designed to be with any one person; why? because if an ENTJ spends enough time with someone they figure out what they are going to say or do ten steps before it happens. Once that happens; it's time to move on.
It's true what they say; you don't really know what it is you have until it's gone.
narmour

Next

Return to SJs (Guardians)