Dominate the World - What are you spectacular at?

Pointers from your peers

Re: Dominate the World - What are you spectacular at?

Postby JHBowden » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:18 am

x
Last edited by JHBowden on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JHBowden

MBTI Type: ISFP

Postby Panem et Circanses » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:06 am

Abstract thinking.

Games, especially bridge, poker, Risk (someone else mentioned that too), and many others.

Reading people's intentions.

Trivia questions from before 1980.

Writing.

Public speaking.

Autonomous goal-seeking in general.

More...
Panem et Circanses

MBTI Type: ENTJ

Postby LeonardoLestat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:46 pm

Last edited by LeonardoLestat on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type: ISFP

Postby Jeezz-letMEdoThat! » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:39 am

Problem solving
Writing (I don't put much of an effort in it anylonger, because I exceled ... and moved on with my interest ;) but I can if I wish to, comes very handy at work)
Reading people
Mentoring
all "balance sport" like martial arts, skiing and sailing. Not good with anything that needs coordination with a ball etc.
...a lot more

and

Flirting and Seduction (wasn't that much aware of it until I red what LeonardoLestat wrote... then it made BING! :o I'm awsome... some of my "I" friends called me man-eater :whistle: )
My "E" friends just tend to chuckle knowlingly when I get in top form ;)
*Why! is it I can not breathe... ohh, you're thinking so slow*
Jeezz-letMEdoThat!

Postby Sligh » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:38 pm

I'd say history, sociology, speeches, research, research applications, writing, magic: the gathering, poker and game theory...
"I will test my might and be victorious!"
Sligh

Postby lamer » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:48 pm

Sligh wrote:I'd say history, sociology, speeches, research, research applications, writing, magic: the gathering, poker and game theory...

There are many game theory hungry members here. you are in right place. Raise some then! ;)
Per timorem ambulate! Flammam in anima ardete! Longa et obcura nox a prima luce superabitur.
lamer

Postby iDx21 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Usually anything I feel compelled to learn towards self improvement, and what I feel will get the goal done.

Writing (Many people wonder how I am able to just spill out perfect word combinations and meanings. I have stopped writing because once something bores me I am unable to continue. It was great for self expression, compassion, and overall character building.)
Art (Something I enjoyed to do at a very young age, and also quit at a very young age. By 10 I was attending a college level program for art, but once it became simplistic I abandoned ship. Great for depicting symbols, and perceiving a broader perspective of creativity.)
Psychology (A much more natural trait that I found extremely useful to pursue. Understanding what you have, and how to apply it. Builds self image, observation, controlling outcomes, and ability to 'mirror'.)

Some other things would include fighting, language learning, instruments, pitch throwing/public speaking, and when it comes to games I enjoy I become the best at them.

I suppose, with what seems to be the ENTJ personality, we're capable of easily perceiving things. The issue is when things become boring, or are all ready unintriguing from the start. Resulting in lack of interest, and leading to incapability.
iDx21

Postby digforfire » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:09 pm

I guess I'll kind of use this as my introduction to the group since this is my first post. I know one thing I am not good at is showcasing my talents, but it's much easier on a forum.

Athletics - I in no way, shape, or form have an athletic body type that gains muscle easily, etc., but every sport I have put my mind to, I have been able to excel at. My passion is riding horses, and I think being an ENTJ has taken me down a unique road in training. I'm known for a no nonsense attitude that can get correct results quickly and having the ability to learn from my horses, from my mistakes, and therefore have taken on some extreme cases with very good results. Most of my best rides have come from horses deemed dangerous or that no one else was willing to take on, including one I hope to rank nationally this coming year in dressage.

Art - Anything that involves analyzing, I can rock, especially when it, again, involves a physical skill. I'm a copycat artist, though, so I take pieces of other pictures and "copy" them freehand to make a different picture. I've never had the time to go beyond this, unfortunately. Instead, I picked up photography and have had great success with that, having been in several books already.

Driving - It's silly, but different. My best friend's dad fixed up cars, so we were constantly test driving vehicles that were missing gears, had bad breaks, etc. I once had to drive my own car half an hour back from the barn with no brakes and make it through the city to my house. My e-brake was shot, but I did make it without destroying my gears or transmission (it was an automatic). Now I would have it towed, but I was young and stupid and poor back them.

Life - I'm an emotional cockroach. I think the ENTJ's motto of always learning has allowed me to get through some very rough situations that would have sent others running. I also have learned to make do with whatever is available. Like right now, I have a professional career making a good chunk of money, have several hobbies that also pull in money, but I have never attended college. It just wasn't something that was in my cards, and I hope to some day, but for now, I'm doing all right. It somehow seems that if you work enough, the opportunities always present themselves. My goal is to not eff them up now that I have them :)
digforfire

Postby Oneredthread » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:40 pm

I am best at things that require physical movement or rhythm:

dancing and choreography for musicals-never had much dance training but could pick it up by watching. The choreography part has more to do with organizing groups of people and telling them what to do (but I cant sing)

Tennis, hunter jumping equestrian- seems like I am extremely athletic

Public speaking and leading- should be a given for types like us
( talking, talking, talking, analyzing, organizing thoughts)

Artwork- am also a freelance artist and can copy most styles of art but can't find my own

Planning anything- vacations, grocery store trips, my own funeral- I CAN PLAN!

Lastly- adapting to what other people want me to be in a conversation, a coffee date, the bedroom,etc., so I can learn what they want and manipulate it to my advantage, if possible and if interested. it might be my dark side but it's the truth. anyone else try to do that?
Oneredthread

Postby prettyinblack » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:51 pm

How to dominate the world:

Surround yourself by INTJs, have them be your advisors. They usually have a pretty good plan laid out but you have to be patient with them to understand their vision. When the time comes, you'll be there to turn plan into reality.
prettyinblack

PreviousNext

Return to ENTJ 'How To' Guide