Random Notes Thread

Not sure if you want your posts to end up here voluntarily, but there will be some entertainment to be found

Random Notes Thread

Postby serenesam » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:44 am

"Catherine Weaver" is a mysterious Terminator, who traveled from the future, seemingly as part of an infiltration mission to build an artificial intelligence to fight Skynet.[2]

Weaver has not been adept at mimicking human emotions. Like other Terminators, it has been unable to produce convincing smiles, such as the photo shoot,[4] or relate to people, such as commenting about butcher's paper,[4] despite being more advanced than the T-1000, which seemed to be better at social interaction. However, she was able to successfully lead a company and use literary allegories.

Later, it is revealed that the T-1001 has raised Catherine Weaver's daughter, Savannah.

Catherine Weaver is the first and the only Series 1000 Terminator who is not an enemy of the Connors by far.

Source: http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Catherine_Weaver

A T-1001 Terminator, a second liquid metal prototype, is introduced in the 2008 television series, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles at the start of the show's second season (though sometimes misidentified as a T-1000 by reviewers).

In the TV series, the true nature of the T-1001's entire mission is never revealed, and much of what Weaver does in furtherance of it seems contradictory.

After briefly talking to John, the Terminator slips away when the human resistance encounters John, thus leaving its whereabouts unknown.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-1000

Catherine Weaver: You know, anytime you want to see your father, we have videos.
Savannah: It's not the same.
Catherine Weaver: Why?
Savannah: I can't sit on his lap.
Catherine Weaver: Come. Sit on my lap.
Savannah: Your lap is cold.
Catherine Weaver: I know.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0104163/quotes
"Change is almost always negative. Things degenerate." - Woody Allen
serenesam

MBTI Type: INTJ

Re: Random Notes Thread

Postby serenesam » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:43 am

“If there is a Creator-God, it has used methods of creation that are indistinguishable from nature, it has declined to make itself known for all of recorded history, it doesn't intervene in affairs on earth, and has made itself impossible to observe. Even if you believe in that God... why would you think it would want to be worshiped?” ― David G. McAfee, Mom, Dad, I'm an Atheist: The Guide to Coming Out as a Non-Believer

“If there's a god, it knows exactly what it would take to convince me and has refused to provide it. In fact, it has gone to great lengths to hide any evidence of its existence. That doesn't seem like a deity that wants to be worshiped to me.” - David G. McAfee

“Pantheism is sexed-up atheism. Deism is watered-down theism.” ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

“Most theists are deists most of the time, in practice if not in theory. They practice the absence of God instead of the presence of God.” ― Peter Kreeft, Jesus-Shock

“Scientists are slowly waking up to an inconvenient truth - the universe looks suspiciously like a fix. The issue concerns the very laws of nature themselves. For 40 years, physicists and cosmologists have been quietly collecting examples of all too convenient "coincidences" and special features in the underlying laws of the universe that seem to be necessary in order for life, and hence conscious beings, to exist. Change any one of them and the consequences would be lethal. Fred Hoyle, the distinguished cosmologist, once said it was as if "a super-intellect has monkeyed with physics".

To see the problem, imagine playing God with the cosmos. Before you is a designer machine that lets you tinker with the basics of physics. Twiddle this knob and you make all electrons a bit lighter, twiddle that one and you make gravity a bit stronger, and so on. It happens that you need to set thirtysomething knobs to fully describe the world about us. The crucial point is that some of those metaphorical knobs must be tuned very precisely, or the universe would be sterile.

Example: neutrons are just a tad heavier than protons. If it were the other way around, atoms couldn't exist, because all the protons in the universe would have decayed into neutrons shortly after the big bang. No protons, then no atomic nucleuses and no atoms. No atoms, no chemistry, no life. Like Baby Bear's porridge in the story of Goldilocks, the universe seems to be just right for life.” ― Paul Davies
serenesam

Postby serenesam » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:34 pm

Now this is an interesting homeless man experiment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1rwRT229Uo
serenesam

Postby serenesam » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:05 am

"The average net worth of billionaires who dropped out of college, $9.4 billion, is approximately triple that of billionaires with Ph.D.s, $3.2 billion. Even if one removes Bill Gates, who left Harvard University and is now worth $66.0 billion, college dropouts are worth $5.3 billion on average, compared to those who finished only bachelor's degrees, who are worth $2.9 billion. According to a recent report from Cambridge-based Forrester Research, 20% of America's millionaires never attended college.[3]"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_dropout_billionaires
serenesam

Postby serenesam » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:56 pm

“We love showcasing Willa’s style around here because, to us, she is the definition of Tomboy KC. She pretends like she doesn’t have it going on, but the girl has it going on in more ways than one. Equal parts chic, casual, smart, funny, confident and independent, Willa is basically everything we look for in a friend. This girl knows what’s up.” – Katie Cassidy

“I know I’m pumping her tires, but the truth is the truth. I love her guts… and not just because she sometimes reminds me of myself. Willa is a wonderful friend and the epitome of cool. At the end of the day she’s not afraid to just be Willa, and I love that.” – Katie Cassidy
serenesam

Postby serenesam » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:41 am

“We all want a sweet, nice, joyful, feminine woman who treats her man like a King.” – Victor Pride

Source: http://boldanddetermined.com/2012/01/21 ... ight-wife/
serenesam

Postby serenesam » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:11 pm

"People whose HMGA2 gene held a letter “C” instead of a “T” at a specific location on the gene possessed larger brains and scored more highly on standardized IQ tests."

Source: http://newobserveronline.com/leftist-lies-destroyed-as-scientists-discover-the-gene-which-causes-brain-size-and-intelligence/
serenesam

Postby serenesam » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:40 pm

It’s interesting in that I read somewhere that business is booming for mail-ordered brides. I wonder about the severity of that truth and its future implications.
serenesam

Postby serenesam » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:45 am

serenesam

Postby serenesam » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:11 pm

“[The] new world order is a place where men are discriminated against, forced into a hostile environment in school and later in college, and held in contempt by society. Maybe there is no incentive to grow up anymore. It used to be that being a grown-up, responsible man was rewarded with respect, power and deference. Now, not so much.” – Dr. Helen Smith, forensic psychologist

Source: http://insider.foxnews.com/2013/06/22/m ... ican-dream
http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2013/06/23 ... the-mound/
serenesam

Next

Return to Trolling/ Off-topic