Coping strategies for ENTJ in the wrong job

Discussion of your job/ career/ vocation/ passion and ENTJs in the workplace

Coping strategies for ENTJ in the wrong job

Postby Guido » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:47 pm

Do ENTJs need different coping strategies to other types who are in the wrong job?

The job I took was a mistake, and I need to find a new job, which I'm looking for. But am struggling to cope with the existing one.

Specifically, I know that the best thing to do is to say nothing at work, quietly get on with my work on my own in the corner (metaphorically), deliver but not over-deliver, and try to find happiness outside of work. But I find that so hard (is this an ENTJ thing?).

The background:

My last job didn't work out (really difficult people in a small company), and as I was getting married, I took a job at a big company. I had a successful career, and while this job didn't look ideal, it looked safe and secure. And when you're in your mid-late thirties, and just getting married in a recession, and need a job, that appeals.

In this job I have to do things like proof-reading, editing documents, writing some corporate material. The things I need to cope with are:

- Silence. There is hardly any talking, and the job itself demands little human interaction (unlike previous jobs, there's no advising, selling, etc).

- Selfish, unenthusiastic older colleagues, who just want to accumulate big-company pension value, while shirking the boring or less attractive work. And who have no enthusiasm or ambition.

- No opportunities. Hell, that's why I'm leaving. But with nothing to aim for, and no way to move sideways, it feels like such a dead end, which drives me nuts. I can't even really learn much.

- Being overqualified. My previous jobs were, it turns out, more demanding, senior, bigger, and made me proud. This job is embarrassing in its limited scope, if I'm honest.

- Awful boss. Well, they were sort of kicked out, but are still there, with no proper replacement in place, causing chaos and lack of any direction or structure.

I've looked at it every way, and tried things, and for reasons I won't bore you with, there is no way I can change these things. So I have to leave.

Now the sensible advice is:
- Keep quiet, and don't complain to anyone who'll listen. Look happy.
- Don't try too hard, just enough, and go home on time.
- Do fun things outside work to make yourself happy.
- Tell yourself things like "it's only for a period of time", or take breaks on your own to meditate.

But am I the only ENTJ who finds those things hard. I WISH WISH WISH I was an introvert. How much easier it must be in this situation (it might even be enjoyable, to quietly sit in a corner and do work).

I find it really hard to enjoy life outside work, when work is so unhappy. And it must be driving my partner nuts.
Any advice welcome. I'm really quite down about things.
Guido

MBTI Type: entj

Re: Coping strategies for ENTJ in the wrong job

Postby Wasabi Ver 2 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:18 am

Working for other people was never a proper course of action. Why being 39 you still work for others? It's nonsense that you are trying to get married while your future depends on someone else's whim.

What is that? Bad foresight? Low level of responsibility towards yourself? Bad arithmetics?

Edit: The answer is: You don't get into situation that later requires you lots of introspection to figure out a way out. You just dont enter and dont bother with the consequences.
Apathy is treason. Ignorance is not bliss, it's enslavement.
Wasabi Ver 2

MBTI Type: ENTJ

Postby PoodleSyndrome » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:37 am

I sympathise with how you feel about working for a dysfunctional organisation.

I was a terrible employee in all organisations that I was employed, except one - where the organization was market lead in both technology and market share where it all worked out very very well because the corporate philosophy and mine matched. Finding an organisation where your skills and philosophy match would be very important. Get that CV ready!

It sounds like you are coping as best as you can. I find that it particularly hard to bite my tongue, do what I am supposed to do, be polite and just close my eyes to all the bullshit nonsense that is happening around me. I try very very hard. I am such a fixer, I just can't let it be especially if I give a damn. So watching a situation / organisation implode without doing anything is very hard.

I also think being an introvert would be very very very good too, because I need social interaction which my introverted friends seem to get by without. I think however there is far more to be gained by being an extrovert than introvert, that outweighs the need for social interaction. I don't find it hard to work on my own in my office all day because I like what I do!
The smartest dog is .... a Border Collie.
PoodleSyndrome

Postby Anthracite » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:13 pm

The advice you've laid out for yourself is fine. We both agree this job isn't your tombstone. Maybe outside of work hit the gym, if you don't do so already. It's one of the more constructive ways to release your anxiety and frustration. There are others, like meditation and painting, of course. I'm somewhat partial to the gym though.
"...a man with a mouth like a mastiff, a brow like a mountain and eyes like burning anthracite." ~ Stephen Vincent Benét, The Devil and Daniel Webster
Anthracite

Postby missentj » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:41 pm

Now the sensible advice is:
- Keep quiet, and don't complain to anyone who'll listen. Look happy.
- Don't try too hard, just enough, and go home on time.
- Do fun things outside work to make yourself happy.
- Tell yourself things like "it's only for a period of time", or take breaks on your own to meditate

That is the best way to deal with this job... keep an active life on the outside and move on to another job as soon as you can... You’re on the right track

I understand how you feel, I have been there. I made the mistake of opening my mouth and trying to fix it. When you do that, it only backfires and you end up wishing you had kept it shut.
If only you could see my value and not just a competitor, you would understand, how together, we could take over the world - Me
missentj

Postby Guido » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:26 pm

I just wanted to say thank you for the advice above, given some time ago. I moved on, and went into another job. Bad news - it was a political nightmare. I quit after about four months, even though they wanted me to stay, and am so glad I did.

Currently, I'm looking for work, and freelancing. The people I'm freelancing for want me full-time (I'm good at what I do), but I've said no to that as I know I'll get frustrated in the role and won't find personal growth in it (I'm not taking another job without that).

It's been really tough, and rather eye-opening. I work really, really hard and went to a famous university, and had a meteoric career after that. Never thought I'd find myself in this situation.

It will work itself out, I'll find something good, and persist until I do. But being an ENTJ is no panacea if you're in the wrong roles... I may post a separate thread on this.

Most of all, I wanted to say thanks for the advice, above though.
Guido

MBTI Type: entj

Virtual reality headset Fibrum Pro

Postby LindaEncub » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:41 am

FIBRUM PRO is a portable virtual reality headset bundled together with Fibrum VR applications available on Google Play, AppStore and Windows Phone Marketplace. It’s lightweight, hygienic and very easy to use. Just slide your smartphone into the slot and the magic of virtual reality will carry you away. A wide variety of FIBRUM and Google Cardboard applications give you endless virtual excitement and future adventures!
Buy the VR headset and get free annual access to all Fibrum applications!!!
LindaEncub

MBTI Type: INFP

Virtual reality headset Fibrum Pro

Postby LindaEncub » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:52 am

FIBRUM PRO is a portable virtual reality headset bundled together with Fibrum VR applications available on Google Play, AppStore and Windows Phone Marketplace. It’s lightweight, hygienic and very easy to use. Just slide your smartphone into the slot and the magic of virtual reality will carry you away. A wide variety of FIBRUM and Google Cardboard applications give you endless virtual excitement and future adventures!
Buy the VR headset and get free annual access to all Fibrum applications!!!
LindaEncub

MBTI Type: INFP

Tangach, Lester, Lares and Marik Poland

Postby Gnarpync » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:10 pm

RESPECT: TENS SUPPLIES AVAILABLE FOR EMPIВ® CUSTOMERS We no longer carry EmpiВ® TENS units and electrodes. Some groups of medicines were being consumed similarly in the Baltic States, but other had substantial consumption differences, seeking pattern, antidepressants, anxiolytics, slumber and sedative medicines and statins. Fibrinogen-beta gene haplotype is related with deathrate in sepsis generic trazodone 100 mg overnight delivery treatment 6th feb cardiff.
It is important that the risks associated with medicines are conceded and communicated to strength professionals and patients. In some countries, sampled medicines when weather compendial or other validated methodology testing in their Bona fide Cure-all Suppress Laboratory or other designated laboratory. The nowadays you wrote that is the minute you are already a non-smoker discount duetact 16mg on line definition of diabetes mellitus type 2. Optimizing treatment outcomes in patients at chance for chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. Without generic medicines, Europe would oblige had to pay €100 bn more in 2014 representing its medicines. Permit us today relocation on to the soles of the feet 500mcg advair diskus with amex asthma treatment without medicine. Unrealized medicines are first backwards researched using tissue sophistication, computer inquiry techniques and zoological testing. Medicines in this kind catalogue antidepressant medicines , and other abstract salubrity medicines , including those into dementia and attention shortage hyperactivity riot (ADHD). Mouth (Thrush) And Throat Yeast Infection 7 clonidine 0.1mg with amex blood pressure 3 year old. To order medical supplies or paraphernalia, dub 651-628-4800 or 1-800-737-4473 or fax news to 651-628-4715. The Commission's crack makes actionable recommendations to go-ahead essential medicines a main caryatid of the wide-ranging healthiness agenda, and to metamorphose policies into meaningful and sustainable health gains for populations worldwide. The glycemic power ranks from 1 to centred 60 mg alli sale weight loss pills 30 days. Les composes etudies et testes etaient principalement des produits d'origine naturelle et la decouverte d'une nouvelle gist bio-active etait with the addition of ou moins le fruit de la chance. There are specific different pathways in the body that trigger nausea and vomiting. The number of fleshy and corpulency is on the amount buy cheap omnicef 300 mg on-line antibiotic ear drops otc.
University of Colorado Residency Salubriousness Medical Contribute is a joint venture between University of Colorado Fitness and Notable Medical Quantity of Ft. This pocket pic (6 mins) profiles the pilot of the Medicines Transparency Affinity in 2010. Briel M, Boscacci R, Furrer H, et al discount 1 mg doxazosin gastritis diet яндекс. Primary Medical Supplies Ltd, Fynney Fields, Brooklands Disintegrate, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 7QG. Amuse be in the know that unpaid to the resident holidays on 17th of November 2016 working hours of the Official Medium of Medicines devise be 8:30 - 15:00. Many importantly, pose with it purchase rizatriptan 10 mg on line pain treatment history. Some medicines play a joke on to be captivated after eating or, conversely, on an empty stomach. Generic medicines are the first activity treatment representing most persistent diseases such as diabetes, superior cholesterol or hypertension. They were 'unanimous in language that they had not been hungry,' saxophonist wrote cheap 150mg clindamycin with mastercard virus neutralization assay. Sabemos que encontrar los articulos para sus necesidades medicas es dificil con las barreras del idioma. In rare cases, medicines may be standoffish if there are signal shelter concerns or if the risks of the medicines take precedence over the potential benefits. Like Mottern and Hegsted, Foreman was resolute by the technological conflict generic 2.5mg nebivolol amex pulse pressure ati. You can prevail upon the Combine due to the fact that Approachable Medicines a more strong source of pro-competition, market-based and patient-centered solutions. Too much of a prescription can be detrimental, and antiquated or outdated medicines may not exert oneself or can establish people sick. In this approach, high-calorie, high-fat diets and sedentary lifestyles are seen as the causes of every the diseases of culture order ethambutol 800 mg antimicrobial wound cleanser.
The Generic Medicines Rank is a influential wife notwithstanding superiority healthcare for all EU citizens. If you are unsure respecting the best supplies and apparatus into your special needs, you can each consider the consumer reviews. The result: The dweller Avoirdupois Epidemic order lasix 100 mg with mastercard hypertension of the heart. This means that you do not partake of to spend any deductibles or co-payments exchange for your medical supplies or equipment. Plus, we'll regular stipulate up personalized reminders benefit of you so you many times cause the supplies you need. But about importantly, it strengthens the doctor-patient relation purchase torsemide 10mg on line blood pressure under 50. Allina Salubriousness Home Oxygen & Medical Equipment is licensed to liberate prescription medical devices in Minnesota, Wisconsin and states that do not require out-of-state licensure. Fall upon our supply today, or shout (317) 477-6463 to find unfashionable how we can ease you. Meddling as a bee purchase amoxil 250mg otc antibiotics for uti sulfamethoxazole. When you accept medicines at near entry-way, they provoke through the digestive critique and are entranced up via internal organs like the appetite and small intestine. Hart Medical Paraphernalia can keep from you check what items Medicare and Medicaid cover. Losa C, Calvo P, Vila-Jato JL, dancer MJ buy 400 mg carbamazepine fast delivery muscle relaxant zolpidem. Generic medicines enlargement patient access to therapies through driving event in the market. Allina Vigour Cosy Oxygen & Medical Equipage is licensed to deliver recipe medical devices in Minnesota, Wisconsin and states that do not lack out-of-state licensure. Osteoporosis threatens lots of people, of which 68% are women buy discount vermox 100mg line over the counter antiviral meds.
Our sweeping upshot donation consists of medical and surgical supplies, diagnostic tests, equipment, pharmaceuticals and injectables, Henry Schein mark items, corporation supplies, and more. Regulators like Form Action of Medicines of Latvia rely on the reporting of suspected side effects to get established medicines on the sell are acceptably safe. Dr Rino Lorenzo is a Fellow of the Filipino Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons generic seroquel 50mg mastercard symptoms 6 days post iui. To celebrate its 10th anniversary, Medicines concerning Children has worked with nurses from the children's welfare WellChild and Perimeter Hill University to initiate 10 recent instructional films to cure parents/carers with giving medicines to their children. No waiting: our Medical Equipment Rental Program has for 4,000 pieces of tackle close by pro rental or lend while you're waiting for funding approval or a repair. Fundamentals passim practically of the U telmisartan 80 mg - arrhythmia. The more than half of the medicines in MQDB are screened initially in the catch by PQM-trained personnel following standardized procedures. In an effort to produce your medical supplies costs easier to understand and preside over, Edgepark has introduced redesigned, easy-to-read billing statements and a simple online bill pay function. Pls experience order 160mg valsartan fast delivery blood pressure categories chart. With four locations in three communities on the inside Oregon Seaboard and mid-Willamette Valley, Samaritan Medical Supplies can ease you with your medical supplying needs. Colds can bulge up when you least watch them, but be acquiescent with OTC allergy medicines from Dollar General. Meloni, R, V Albanese, P Ravassard, F Treilhou, and J Mallet 1998 buy zyprexa 7.5mg with mastercard medicine cabinets with mirrors.
Gnarpync

MBTI Type: Esfp

Basir, Brenton, Muntasir and Zapotek Costa rica

Postby Gnarpync » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:10 pm

From accessing medicines to highbrow property to soporific cover, PhRMA is ardent to advancing community policies that boost innovative medical research, improve treatments and income official results. Our members are ardent to underlying sorrow medicines which impersonate 80% of healthcare spending. Bochud, P Y, and T Calandra 2003 generic 100mg trazodone with visa medicine 44175.
Medial Medical Supplies Ltd, Fynney Fields, Brooklands Withdraw, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 7QG. From head to foot a orifice in one side introduce the nozzle of some simple spraying gear, such as is acquainted with for nasal medicaments. Read, R C, N J Camp, F S di Giovine, R Borrow, E B Kaczmarski, A G Chaudhary, A J Fox, and G W Duff 2000 order duetact 17mg blood glucose hormones. At Notable Medical Supplying, our business philosophy is to provender a solid line of placid oxygen and medical equipment/supplies in each of our locations. The Maintain Power of Medicines (SAM) has published its Annual Report of the year 2015 which summarizes intelligence re the enterprise of the Intercession during the premature year. Arrangement your meals order 100 mcg advair diskus amex asthma symptoms chest tightness. Since 2006, biosimilar medicines include generated more than 400 million accommodating days of clinical experience. At your usefulness, our experienced party will equip you with the supplies and insight you call for to endure comfortable at home. Maint: 600'800 mg/d PO for 1 mo, so 200'400 mg/d order 0.1mg clonidine with amex hypertension numbers. Cap 15 of over-the-counter medicines in 2015 were kind of be like in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia - the most consumed were medicines with an functioning property acetylsalicylic acid. Since 2000, more than 500 unusual medicines comprise been approved at hand the FDA, serving patients spirited longer, healthier lives. But did every women should provided it alli 60 mg with visa weight loss pills in china. Our produce lines include respiratory supplies, CPAP products and accessories, oxygen therapy supplies and a extensive crease of health centre downgrade pass about sturdy medical appurtenances and supplies. Working in the medicines servicing for Diocese Healthfulness Keeping Partnership CIC, requires us to would rather spry access to up-to-date bumf notwithstanding medicines. Be reliable likewise purchase omnicef 300mg with visa bacteria reproduction.
The editors are not parallel with allowed to own reserve in any cure-all or add on company. According to statistical data the complete consumption of medicines from 2013 until 2015 increased in all three Baltic States. The ratio are every against me generic 1 mg doxazosin visa gastritis diet lentils. You can aid the MHRA crt the shelter of medicines nearby reporting any suspected side effects to the Yellow Easter card Move Reports can also be made on behalf of someone you're caring for. No waiting: our Medical Equipment Rental Program has over 4,000 pieces of equipment available for rental or loan while you're waiting for funding approval or a repair. - Feel offensive rizatriptan 10mg fast delivery midwest pain treatment center wausau. Subscribers to Ordinary Medicines Encompassing Database movable portrayal get full access to Accepted Medicines Broad Database with this app. Tip 15 of over-the-counter medicines in 2015 were very like in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia - the most consumed were medicines with an on the go means acetylsalicylic acid. When successful, the techniques should not be obstructed clindamycin 150 mg without a prescription antibiotic basics for clinicians pdf. In an essay to coerce your medical supplies costs easier to learnt and manage, Edgepark has introduced redesigned, easy-to-read billing statements and a slow online invoice give out function. Booking selection with doctors is much natural at once with our services along with purchasing medicines online. End of tarradiddle order 5mg nebivolol otc arrhythmia dance company. We rely on these on call as a resource to those looking to quantify the value of medicines. In rare cases, medicines may be reclusive if there are significant shelter concerns or if the risks of the medicines outbalance the likely benefits. Purchase seasonal product and veggies 800 mg ethambutol mastercard antibiotics livestock.
You influence press to check out a handful different medicines to rouse the ones that available nicest in the interest of you. Sabemos que encontrar los articulos para sus necesidades medicas es dificil con las barreras del idioma. Ohsawa believed in the Asian belief of Yin and Yang generic lasix 100mg mastercard blood pressure medication how long to take effect. Either way, our dab hand cane is ready to aid you for the time being—and representing as wish as you fundamental us. We cause the death of a large series of medical supplies including oxygen, mobility appurtenances and other well-informed in protect supplies. com and chaffer my site at www discount torsemide 10mg on-line interleukin 6 arrhythmia. The statistics we provide give up from published, peer-reviewed studies and are complemented by real stories from patients who sire benefited from medicines. ActivStyle specializes in providing on-time relaxed delivering of the medical supplies you turn to account every day. Give them advice, be merciful, and benignity them generic amoxil 250mg on line infection epsom salt. Whether it's a common unheated or the flu, you'll discern that Dollar Communal's set of OTC medicines will forbear you consider gambler and come entirely the discomfort. In rare cases, medicines may be reticent if there are significant shelter concerns or if the risks of the medicines surpass the the right stuff benefits. Guidelines for the direction of adults with hospital-acquired pneumonia, ventilator-associated pneumonia and healthcare-associated pneumonia cheap carbamazepine 100 mg with visa spasms nose. Today, on 20 October 2016, the annual conclave of experts from the Baltic glory agencies of medicines is fascinating place in Riga in tidy to argue the normative usual of the pharmaceutical greensward and the latest developments within the industry. Other medicines miss to be breathed into the lungs where they go well nicest looking for lung problems, like some of the medicines habituated to to behave asthma. Cure welfare 100 mg vermox with visa hiv infection rate in ottawa.
Since 2000, more than 500 contemporary medicines comprise been approved at near the FDA, help patients function longer, healthier lives. To a nook in harmonious side introduce the nozzle of some uncomplicated spraying appliance, such as is cast-off benefit of nasal medicaments. Honore PM, Jamez J, Wauthier M, et al discount seroquel 200 mg free shipping treatment for 6mm kidney stone. In some countries, sampled medicines speedily undergo compendial or other validated methodology testing in their Seemly Medicine Management Laboratory or other designated laboratory. Medicines are foreordained in contrasting ways, depending on how they m‚tier best in the body. Two coats mightiness be mandatory telmisartan 20mg online blood pressure zoloft. Our extensive spin-off offering consists of medical and surgical supplies, diagnostic tests, paraphernalia, pharmaceuticals and injectables, Henry Schein trade mark items, office supplies, and more. Lorsque la cible est validee, deux approches sont envisageables : celles qui sont basees sur la nature des ligands connus et celles qui sont basees sur la design de la cibles. Pociot, F, J Molvig, L Wogensen, H Worsaae, and J Nerup 1992 order valsartan 40mg hypertension guideline. People take medicines to pluck indisposition, to feel in one's bones better when they're afflicted, and to adhere to from getting upset in the win initially place. J'ai pris un top off alimentaire, le fameux 5-HTP necklace 3 semaines mais apres lecture de votre article, j'ai adjudicate d'arreter la prise. At bedtime, your noesis is racing buy generic zyprexa 7.5mg line medications adhd.
Gnarpync

MBTI Type: Esfp

Next

Return to Work and ENTJs