Where can one find ENTJ males?

Love and the lack therof

Where can one find ENTJ males?

Postby Senphi » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:17 am

I'm highly interested in meeting more ENTJ males, but I don't know where to look, or, perhaps more accurately, where to place myself so that they can find me.
I already know one ENTJ male, but his caliber is not sufficient for my tastes. Any suggestions?
Senphi

MBTI Type: INTP

Re: Where can one find ENTJ males?

Postby DiscoBiscuit » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:36 am

School, work, gym.

Sorry if this is too obvious of an answer. We can be found places where we can pursue our goals.
“Listen here you beautiful bitch, I'm about to fuck you up with some truth.”
- Kenny Powers -
DiscoBiscuit

MBTI Type: ENTJ

Postby dragolas » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:15 am

I agree. Shopping Malls and Stores don't hold our interest because we go in there knowing what we want. You'd me most likely to find ENTJs in places where they can do something productive to their end for a long period of time. School, I believe is a good option. College courses that have a high percentage of males, or a quota... Like you'd be more likely to find me taking a nursing course, since it's challenging and I'm slightly ambitious. If not school, then... In a social scene I'd look at... perhaps a bar or club. ENTJs are more likely to be the "life of the party." As in, they'll be the ones who bring a couple friends, and try to get them to dance and do belly-shots. They probably won't be the center of attention at the club as a whole, but among their friends, you might find that they're the most active. At least that's the case for me. It could be that all my friends are just downers and dead-beats, but only time will tell!

Good luck!
dragolas

Postby syndatha » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:20 pm

Politics is my hot tip 8-)
syndatha

Postby Dr. Dark » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:37 am

All great examples...however to break it down even more simply: anytime you see the "loud one" of any group, chances are you've found one of us ENTJ's. Our roles may vary, but we're easy to recognize.

I mean...many of my friends are ENTJ's. They (like me) tend to be attracted to the parties, the big gatherings and whatnot (as said earlier). But also, ENTJ's are the ones who are [i]really[i] vocal in classes of all kinds.

In a nutshell; we [i]need[i] to go where the action is. Not much more too it I think. Hope that helps!
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -Carl Jung"

"This is an adventure." -Steve Zissou (from "The Life Aquatic")
Dr. Dark

Postby Iron Mickie » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:22 pm

Dr. Dark wrote:All great examples...however to break it down even more simply: anytime you see the "loud one" of any group, chances are you've found one of us ENTJ's. Our roles may vary, but we're easy to recognize.

I mean...many of my friends are ENTJ's. They (like me) tend to be attracted to the parties, the big gatherings and whatnot (as said earlier). But also, ENTJ's are the ones who are [i]really[i] vocal in classes of all kinds.

In a nutshell; we [i]need[i] to go where the action is. Not much more too it I think. Hope that helps!

Dr. Dark,

You seem to have more energy than most of us, perhaps this is because you have many ENTJ friends (a rare feat). What is it like when you all get together?

I would say that most of that is good advice, but I have a major discrepancy regarding being the loud one in a group.
If you are looking for the loud one in a group, BEWARE! ESTJs and ESFPs are also "the loud ones," but ESFPs I believe are more well liked (it seems that people gravitate to them in higher numbers).

Be ready for a ride if you end up dating an ESFP; I've done it, and from my experience it was not good at all. They are extremely irrational, sensitive people that hate criticism... but they are very fun. Their sensitivity mixed with our intensity is not a good match. So, beware the loud one at parties unless they are talking about something meaningful.

Welcome to the forum Dr. Dark, glad to have you.

-Tachyon
It's lonely at the top, but the view is simply marvelous... : )
Iron Mickie

Postby MstrJ » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:25 pm

Actually, this is not necessarily true if one is really an ENTJ. Here's a great Conceptualist (NT) description and it fits me (ENTJ) to the T. "Conceptualists do not care to spend much of their time or energy making social connections...dating for Conceptualists is a sometimes difficult search for a person they deem worthy of their personal investment". BTW, the ENTJ moves on as soon as he/she masters a subject area.

For NTs, "work is work and play is work". I have zero interest in parties or gatherings, unless there is a specific point in the demands placed on my time. I do love interacting with people, thus I've actually made a point to deliberately shaped my career such that I attend parties/events/gatherings as a consequence etc. However, most people I meet are horribly monotonous and I'd never attend gatherings if it weren't for my career or areas of passion.

Here's the key: Conceptualists communicate abstractly. Out of 10,000 people that I routinely meet, I may only meet a dozen that can hold an abstract conversation with me. I can count on one hand the number of girls that intrigued me in every way from the get go, and the connection was effortless and intense.

This is the best site I've ever found on Briggs Meyers descriptions.
http://www.davidmarkley.com/personality ... tm#NTIntro

>>>>

I agree. Shopping Malls and Stores don't hold our interest because we go in there knowing what we want. You'd me most likely to find ENTJs in places where they can do something productive to their end for a long period of time. School, I believe is a good option. College courses that have a high percentage of males, or a quota... Like you'd be more likely to find me taking a nursing course, since it's challenging and I'm slightly ambitious. If not school, then... In a social scene I'd look at... perhaps a bar or club. ENTJs are more likely to be the "life of the party." As in, they'll be the ones who bring a couple friends, and try to get them to dance and do belly-shots. They probably won't be the center of attention at the club as a whole, but among their friends, you might find that they're the most active. At least that's the case for me. It could be that all my friends are just downers and dead-beats, but only time will tell!
MstrJ

Postby Senphi » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:54 pm

I think I've met a suitable ENTJ, but I had to go to church to do it! Honestly, I've barely talked to the man, as we've only met once while I was doing my homework at a pumpkin-carving activity (though I do expect to talk to him much in the coming days). I can't be 100% certain that he really is an ENTJ, but I'm pretty damn sure. He had no problem approaching me and he seems very confident and showy, which is perfect. A real busy body. Oh, and he's very mature, which is absolutely refreshing. I just haven't had a real conversation with him yet, as he graciously - and to my dismay - let me get back to my homework; (totally my fault, as I had just explained how I needed to focus on such a subject as Chemistry). I just hope to get to know him better.
Senphi

MBTI Type: INTP

Postby Panem et Circanses » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 am

Toastmasters. That's MY hot tip. TM clubs are chock-a-block with men who like to lead.
Panem et Circanses

Postby LeonardoLestat » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:40 pm

Last edited by LeonardoLestat on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type: ISFP

Next

Return to Dating and Relationships - the ENTJ approach